Cant find the problem....pls help !!!

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

widdowson2008
Supreme Being

Re: Cant find the problem....pls help !!!

Post by widdowson2008 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:36 pm

Could it be one of these pulleys you are looking at?
Steve
widdowson2008
Supreme Being

Post by widdowson2008 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:38 pm

FREDA MIND wrote:hi guys, interesting thread,,, ive got to change the water pump in next few days, how tight do the aux drive belts need to be???
cheers ricky
This any good?
Steve
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:31 pm

the guvnor wrote:I have investigated more in daylight lol...........hope you slept widdowson :lol:

ok so i was sort of correct in what i remembered :wink: the 'loose' pulley i refer to sits directly behind the crank pully ! this is were the drive belts sit, it is seperate to were the belt for the air con sits and it does not obviosly move wen the belts are on because of the pressure but with no belts it seems to slide freely from side to side. after looking more closely and adjusting/ loosening a few belts i may have cured the main noise =D> will now more when i start her from cold (sounded like a bag of bolts this morning !!!!) but i still have a sound that i hope resembles tappits. Looks like it could be the next job on the list !

Still not sure if the said pully is meant to be like it is though !!!!!!! #-o
Sounds like the crank pulley is broken :?

Is it item 11-371? http://www.lushprojects.com/bongopartsm ... mgno=.html
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
FREDA MIND
Bongolier

Post by FREDA MIND » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:19 pm

widdowson2008 wrote:
FREDA MIND wrote:hi guys, interesting thread,,, ive got to change the water pump in next few days, how tight do the aux drive belts need to be???
cheers ricky
This any good?
thanks widdowson thats just what i was looking for , thankyou v much :D
hope you solve your problems.
ricky :D
have yourself a midlife chrisis,,,,go buy a bongo!
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:24 pm

dandywarhol wrote:
the guvnor wrote:I have investigated more in daylight lol...........hope you slept widdowson :lol:

ok so i was sort of correct in what i remembered :wink: the 'loose' pulley i refer to sits directly behind the crank pully ! this is were the drive belts sit, it is seperate to were the belt for the air con sits and it does not obviosly move wen the belts are on because of the pressure but with no belts it seems to slide freely from side to side. after looking more closely and adjusting/ loosening a few belts i may have cured the main noise =D> will now more when i start her from cold (sounded like a bag of bolts this morning !!!!) but i still have a sound that i hope resembles tappits. Looks like it could be the next job on the list !

I would agree with Dandy,could be the Harmonic Damper has parted company.
the guvnor

Post by the guvnor » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:31 pm

dandywarhol wrote:

11-371 is the pulley, looking at the pic...........it does look broken :cry:
widdowson2008
Supreme Being

Post by widdowson2008 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:39 pm

Looks like dandywarhol is right - Crankshaft pulley item 11-371
If you do have to replace this, I would suggest you get the key as well 11-301J.
If the pulley has broken and been wobbling loose on the shaft, the key will very likely be damaged.
Steve
the guvnor

Post by the guvnor » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:33 pm

I am booked in at AL motors on monday. Have spoke to the guys and they have said they will look at it but chances are it is the damper betweeen the two pulleys !! They will look at at to confirm.

Thanks for all your help guys, a strange outcome, but another thread that may help another bongo !

Well done everyone and thankyou again =D> =D> =D>

Return to “Techie Stuff”