Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Repair of Snapped No.1 Exhaust Manifold Stud *DONT DELETE*

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:07 am

Brilliant work Ian =D>
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:41 pm

glad your saving em ian just another million to do mate.

just wondering, when the pics are included in or as fact sheets are they then safe or do they they disappear as normal, just thinking on how we as members can link to pics when a general question is asked on the forum in the future. do certain members need the fact sheets stored separately (on one of your memory sticks) to link to to help future members, or non members.
i must admit ive never looked at any of the fact sheets myself and dont link to them specifically, i just use my memory to link to good quality posts that i remember and who wrote them and when, but these are now showing lots of holes.
i understand that the fact sheets are only available to members only, and sort of agree with this, but it wont help the forum /membership going forward if there is a lack of good info available to non members or newbies .
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:47 pm

The photos on the fact sheets are stored in the fact sheet. And I (usually) have copies as well. I've got no objection to fact sheets being linked, or even emailed to people in difficulty. Any way, I'd never know about it, would I?

Plus, if you search hard enough there is a place on the web where all the fact sheets are available free of charge. But I didn't tell you that.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Good post Ian.

We're all about helping peeps.

Fun, Friendly, and Informative. 8)
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:58 am

Ian wrote:The photos on the fact sheets are stored in the fact sheet. And I (usually) have copies as well. I've got no objection to fact sheets being linked, or even emailed to people in difficulty. Any way, I'd never know about it, would I?

Plus, if you search hard enough there is a place on the web where all the fact sheets are available free of charge. But I didn't tell you that.
seeing as im such a techno no no with computers you would have to point me to them for me to find em ian, but it is great to know that we are all in good hands regarding the pics. 8) 8) :wink:
jaydog82
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by jaydog82 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:22 am

VERY HELPFUL THREAD! This has helped me diagnose my problem on my 95 TD. I also thought it was a turbo issue at first. Just rounding up the parts to get it done. I have found someone on ebay selling the studs and copper nuts in various sizes at a good price. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the studs please? (i.e M8 x 45mm) Also how many do I need? When you order the manifold gasket from bongospares or similar they only come with 4 studs and no nuts which seems odd. Surely I will need 8 to replace them all?
Gonna get back under today with an endoscope to see if i can see whats left of the snapped stud but i'm pretty sure its deep with nothing to get hold of so will want drilling out and retapping.

Cheers in advance :D
jaydog82
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by jaydog82 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:56 pm

Not to worry, it's been in the garage and all been fixed. Thanks anyway :D

Return to “Techie Stuff”