Air Suspension

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Re: Air Suspension

Post by dandywarhol » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:24 am

Unless Matt Savage has seriously upped his prices I'd buy locally.....................don't think he was selling them when I imported them
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
progroup

Post by progroup » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:37 pm

I've ordered a set from Air Lift directly. They call the kit AirLift 1000! :)

In the meantime, I am still awaiting my parts order from the UK due to a mix up in the shipping.
Called and sorted this mess out on Monday; but the soonest arrival now is possibly Friday.
I am hoping for it because I really need that Bongo now! I have sold all my other vehicles AND need up to eight passengers for all of our usual driving requirements.

I am confident that the air lift system would enhance the driving stability greatly. That's what they're designed to do! :wink:

Thanks for the lead on this one!

BTW: Cost me $123.17 USD + $20.00 USD shipping [so far!]. Canada Custom surcharges an additional 6% on value plus another 12% for our own version of VAT [a.k.a. the HST]. :o
progroup

Post by progroup » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:11 am

I likely ordered the wrong set of Air Lift 1000's. Can anyone confirm the original part number? I order 60759 which is clearly for '89~95 Mazda MPV.
Matt Savage's site shows the Bongo, but they use their own p/n as 'AL001'.
Dave
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:17 pm

progroup wrote:I likely ordered the wrong set of Air Lift 1000's. Can anyone confirm the original part number? I order 60759 which is clearly for '89~95 Mazda MPV.
Matt Savage's site shows the Bongo, but they use their own p/n as 'AL001'.
Dave
I ordered 80777 bags and 4 09112 spacers - work fine :)
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
progroup

Post by progroup » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:51 am

I'll get the p/n for the spacers when in receipt. What I can say is the p/n of the Air Lift 1000 I worked out with tech support is #60763 - an 8" L x 4.350" W air bag c/w 1/2" spacers. I ordered am additional 4x 1/2" spacers to adjust height is required. I posted additional pics depicting the measurements I took. I am adding more and more pics all the time to my DropBox for forum users to perusal.

Cheers,
Dave

BTW: I got the manufacturer to reduce my cost to $89 CDN plus $20 for the spacers plus shipping of $25.
progroup

Post by progroup » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:30 pm

I went to the Air Lift co. Uk website where they list TWO p/n's for Bongo/Freda:

#80753 & 80795

I have reordered with #60763 based on tech support's advice for proper fit. My tape measurements were approx. 9" high x 4-1/4" width. Look super easy with wheels removed! 8)

As it turned out, the factory assembled a kit for me yesterday and shipped the same day as well. I should have installed before my next camping excursion June 17th. [-o<

Another tid bit I matched up are shocks or what you call 'dampers'. Turns out the Bongo's rear dampers are exactly the same as the Mazda MPV wagon used here in North America. For example, a Monroe SensiTRAC #37035. :wink:

Dave
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:25 pm

progroup wrote:I went to the Air Lift co. Uk website where they list TWO p/n's for Bongo/Freda:

#80753 & 80795

I have reordered with #60763 based on tech support's advice for proper fit. My tape measurements were approx. 9" high x 4-1/4" width. Look super easy with wheels removed! 8)

As it turned out, the factory assembled a kit for me yesterday and shipped the same day as well. I should have installed before my next camping excursion June 17th. [-o<

Another tid bit I matched up are shocks or what you call 'dampers'. Turns out the Bongo's rear dampers are exactly the same as the Mazda MPV wagon used here in North America. For example, a Monroe SensiTRAC #37035. :wink:

Dave
Dave - I think you are going to be an absolute star on this forum. This kind of info is invaluable.

My brother is a heli. pilot in BC (lives in Campbell River, Kamloops before that). He got himself a an VW Westie cos there were no Bongos in Cda - I think I'll have to point him in your direction once you've got yours running 8)

Good luck getting your head sorted (wish someone could sort mine - its still out in space somewhere with Jimi Hendrix :lol: :lol: :lol:
progroup

Post by progroup » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:28 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:
progroup wrote:I went to the Air Lift co. Uk website where they list TWO p/n's for Bongo/Freda:

#80753 & 80795

Dave
Dave - I think you are going to be an absolute star on this forum. This kind of info is invaluable.

My brother is a heli. pilot in BC (lives in Campbell River, Kamloops before that). He got himself a an VW Westie cos there were no Bongos in Cda - I think I'll have to point him in your direction once you've got yours running 8)

Good luck getting your head sorted (wish someone could sort mine - its still out in space somewhere with Jimi Hendrix :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow! I thought I was spaced out w/Hendrix all these years :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the encouragement; I need it believe me. Hey, I use to fly commercially here in BC on Beech KingAir's and Navajo's/Areo Commander's etc. I made it to right seat on the Westwind Jet commander; but the company canned us co-jo's in favour of pre-trained/checked-on-type guys from the States! :(

Send him to my website www.progroupnetworksolutions.com to get my whereabouts then Google Map it or Google Earth it in satellite mode or even Street View - You will see my house and my former Black Jeep Wrangler that I gave up for the BongoBumbling. #-o

Today is Sunday; I am headed out to my shop having prep'd the Bongo to recieve the new head; Should have running by dinner. 8)
progroup

Post by progroup » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:39 am

#80753 & 80795

Dave
Oops; the Monroe SensaTRAC #37036 is the correct one... Sorry, my bad #-o
Jaws
Bongolier

Post by Jaws » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Regarding the shocks I think you were right first time around: #37035 looks more like the thing. Not clear if they are available in the UK. [-X :?:
Live Bongo and prosper.
progroup

Post by progroup » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Jaws wrote:Regarding the shocks I think you were right first time around: #37035 looks more like the thing. Not clear if they are available in the UK. [-X :?:
You know Jaws; I need to retract my initial hastiness regarding the Monroe shocks. Turns out that after much research using Monroe's shock guide that there exists no Bongo option. The problem is with the 'eyes' The top one has a larger ID than the bottom one. I personally looked at about a dozen before I gave up.

I wil order from the UK when necessary!

Dave

Return to “Techie Stuff”