Central Locking

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

David Edwards
Supreme Being

Central Locking

Post by David Edwards » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:11 pm

My fellow bongolians,,sometime today my central locking stopped working, the auto door close is still fine but central locking will not work off the key or via the door button inside. I have checked the fuses and they are fine, cannot see any probs with wires, I have lloked in search but it seems to be playing up, am I missing something or what, any suggestions greatly appreciated. Happy motoring.
mick

Post by mick » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:59 pm

Hi David

Mine wasn't working when I bought it. I checked wiring, fuses etc, but eventually found it was the metal rod in the driver's door which needed bending slightly to activate the switch thingy
owelly

Post by owelly » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:40 pm

Have you checked the loom between the door pillar and the door?
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:10 pm

Yep checked and it looks fine, suppose me next step is off with the door panel and see what its like inside, not looking forward to that sticky black stuff. Happy motoring.
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:30 am

All done , what a fiddly little job, decided this morning, one last look at the loom between door and pillar, there it was a small orange wire in the centre of the bunch broken, joined it up..hey presto central locking restored, little voice " all systems restored" used a crimp join out of a kit from my local pound shop and bound up with insulating tape and away i went. Happy motoring.
v8mini

Post by v8mini » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:48 am

will have to check that out on mine, has been temperamental for a while and packed up totally a couple of weeks ago, would suggest a doggy wire to me
v8mini

Post by v8mini » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:21 am

after wiring up the new clocks on the dashboard on my V8 mini, i thought i best have a quick look at the bongo, a wire was broken at the door hinge point, as the soldering iron was hot, a quick repair was made and taped up. central locking is now back online :D

Return to “Techie Stuff”