Stainless Steel Exhaust.

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Seeker

Stainless Steel Exhaust.

Post by Seeker » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:12 pm

My exhaust split along the length of the bend that goes over the rear axle, beyond repair. Today I rang MIJ Performance in Walsall at 1:00 am and had a complete new stainless system by 5:30 manufactured and fitted in 2 hours while you wait.

Excellent and they gave me the option of keeping the valve that makes the engine work harder or removing it for me.

I opted to dump it.

Another company in Birmingham said "Bongo thats a petrol van init? Oh bring it in and we will have a look and might be able to do it as it not on our system."

Goodprice too.

Just a tad raunchy though!
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:47 pm

seeker is the performance better with the valve removed???
Image Pete
Veg_Ian

Post by Veg_Ian » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:33 am

Hi Seeker,

would you mind telling us how much? Did they give you a lifetime guarantee and do you have to take it back for an annual inspection?
Seeker

Post by Seeker » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:34 pm

Hi Pete difficult to say, as there would be less back pressure in the new exhaust anyway and I have probably been driving around without using the back box anyway.

The guy who fitted the exhaust says these things are not uncommon but invariably useless in the UK and that he always dumps them after consulting with their owners, he says they are common on BWMs

Hi Veg. ?350 From turbo to tail they have "lots" of Bongos apparently and one of the guys says he will do the timing belt etc.

Lifetime guarantee if you return for annual inspection while you own the vehicle.

The boys now all want a Bongo that runs on SVO.

A

Return to “Techie Stuff”