AIR VENTS

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

susan

AIR VENTS

Post by susan » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:47 pm

can anyone tell me if i have a problem! when i first got the van im sure that my air vents when put on cold to blow was cold.it seems now that when i do it now they are hot,and in this hot spell we have had i had to keep my air conditioner on just for a breeze.am i looking at a fault with my temperature lever :?: thanks sue
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:18 pm

Mmm could be nothing Sue, this weather at the moment is so warm there is little cold air to flow through the vents, you could try putting the air con on then push the button on the control until the air con stops, this will then be just vented air from outside, make sure the re circulation light is off. If it is still hot have it checked. Hope this makes sense, it does to me but then again I have had half a bottle of red wine. Happy motoring. :lol:
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:52 pm

The air outside is warm, so you will need to use your air/con to chill out, relax it is normal for this lovely weather :wink: :wink:
Image Pete
susan

Post by susan » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:05 am

thanks just needed to know if i had a problem :oops:
Gary Appleby

Post by Gary Appleby » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:25 am

I have the electronic diplay version of the air con.

I know some people have the 'slider' versions

If I have mine set to 18 degrees it comes out nice and cool, despite the hot weather.

GJA
Kentish Paul
Bongolier

Post by Kentish Paul » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:28 am

Went out in both my Toyota and Bongo last (scorching) Saturday. Without the aircon on, both were delivering warm air through the vents. Choice was either to switch aircon on or rely on open windows so I think it is normal. Enjoy the aircon. Drinks more fuel but hell if you cannot enjoy chilled air in weather like we have been having...... Was tempted to sleep in the Bongo this week. I have spent much time in Hong Kong and are more used to air-conditioned bedrooms than ones which are like ovens. Once you get the heat into a British house you cannot get it out (until Autumn)!
Bongo National Party - The law-abiding should have rights too!
Taxiback

Post by Taxiback » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:51 am

With all the overheating woes I think you are better off switching the air con on as it activates the 2 front fans giving the engine extra cooling.

Return to “Techie Stuff”