Sediment (Warning?) Light

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

cookiean'er

Sediment (Warning?) Light

Post by cookiean'er » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:49 pm

I've seen some reference to this 'warning' (?) light in a quick search I did because I noticed mine flash on briefly. The next time I started her up it stayed on a bit longer. The 3rd time; after I'd been in a shop a short spell, it never showed. What I'd like to know, as a matter of urgency, is how serious is it? Where is the sediment and would I need to cure it before we set off on the long journey to Avebury on Friday morning? Appreciate any response and many thanks in anticipation

Andy (a little worried) Cookie :?
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:09 pm

The light will come on briefly when you start up - thats normal. Unless it stays on for a lot longer then I dont think you have much to worry about. I changed my fuel filter the other week - not a huge job, but messy unless you have the knack. The sensor is just a float which I guess goes up if there is water in the filter. You could remove the sensor wire, undo the filter, drain it off & replace, but if you were going to that much effort, you would be better top replace filter as well.

IMHO - unless it is staying on much longer than before, you should be ok for now.
Seeker

Post by Seeker » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:52 pm

You dont have to take the filter off to drain any water that gathers there. At the bottom of the filter is a plastic cock which drains the water.

Dont worry unless the light is on permanently.

Return to “Techie Stuff”