sensor on the front bumper...

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

gatecrasher
Bongonaut

sensor on the front bumper...

Post by gatecrasher » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:33 am

Hi guys,

Just bought a bongo, by the way its exactly was I was looking for, but I like to get rid of a kind warning light which doesn't seams to work either, on the front bumper on the left hand side. I have tryied to unscrew the arial type of thing but there is a cable passing through it so I put it back, looks like I have to strip off the entire bumper...uhm or I just cut the cable off and Ciao?
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:39 am

NO,NO,NO!
These sell for about ?50 on E-bay. Take it off carefully and with the wires.
Go under the bumber and you should see the bracket holding it on. Only 2 bolts from memory+ loosen the end of the bumber. If you unscrew the lens on the top you will find a bulb. replace that and it will light up with the sidelights.
It is to show the extremity of the vehicle.
gatecrasher
Bongonaut

Post by gatecrasher » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:29 am

Thanks Colin...I think I will change the light bulb and see what it looks like and then decide what to do... i suppose if it was born like that I should live it.
Cheers
pippin

Post by pippin » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:33 am

gatecrasher, if you don't want it, save the Ebay fees and sell it to me direct. As it is, I will change the bulb. Please!!
Nashers

Front Sensor

Post by Nashers » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:52 pm

Hi GC
I think the item is called a 'Mast' but have not seen one in the flesh, as it were. It's a nice thing to have for street cred. (which is beyond my scope) but the aspirant ASBOists around in my part of the world might be tempted to remove it for you.
All the best
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:53 pm

warning light????.............the telescopic parking light?, or is it the other type that isnt telescopic?
gatecrasher
Bongonaut

Post by gatecrasher » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:30 pm

Wow...I never though that the "mast" could be a cool thing to have, I have tryied to unscrew the top to change the bulb but it doesn't move...but I have another use for it, since I use the van for "work" I have bought a plastic pole where I have fitted a flag that advertise my kitesurfing company when the van is parked on the beach :wink:

Return to “Techie Stuff”