New Shape Bongo Front Indicator Bulb Replacement

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

shakey

Post by shakey » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:19 pm

That's the joy of an old school village electrical shop, I have to admit its packaging was very very dusty. I have always had a sneaky admiration for sparkies, as anything that I cannot see which can chuck my delicate 17 stone across a room I am not wanting to know about!! :D Shakey.
pippin

Post by pippin » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:42 pm

Well, shakey, I reckon you ought to go into that shop, buy up his stock of these lamps and flog 'em on here or on Ebay - you know what inflated prices people will pay for Bongo parts!!!!

PS I will have one off you for free for suggesting the idea!
2sticks
Bongolier

Post by 2sticks » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:39 am

:idea:

For pre 1999 the tube is a bog standard 210 mm (less pins) T5 tube. Available in Cool White, Warm white, and UV. In trade quantities they can be bought for around 75p.

Post 1999 Bongos use a T6 4 pin U tube 138 mm (less pins) also available in CW, WW, and BL (BackLight). Expect to pay at least a fiver for these.

The most common part number is FUL6T6 plus CW, WW, and BL.

Can we go back to changing the front lamps please, it's a lot more interesting.

:idea:
tonyp

Post by tonyp » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:15 pm

I got round to removing the nearside front headlamp assembly today. It's fairly easy to do after you remove the radiator grill (I broke all 4 of the plastic lugs that hold the grill on in the process! - you need to depress a hook on the lug but the plastic seems to have become brittle and it just broke off). After removing the grill there are 3 bolts that fix the headlamp assembly to the body and then a fair amount of wiggling is needed to remove the assembly. Once out it's a simple matter to replace the indicator bulb and it also makes it a lot easier to change the headlamp and sidelight bulbs as well, especially if you have 2 batteries fitted.
Allans
Bongolier

Post by Allans » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:24 am

As 2sticks has said, the interior light tube for the pre 99 model can be bought at most electrical stores. If you scroll down the page, it's the Philex 19213R 6W, on this link: http://www.philexproducts.com/philex_fl ... ories.html
Servicing Bongos since 2003 in Plymouth, Devon http://www.allansvehicleservices.co.uk
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:54 am

TonyP. I have effected a repair for the broken top lugs of the grille. If you (or anyone else) wants to see it let me know & I will take and post pic

Return to “Techie Stuff”