Cooling System Bleed Procedure?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

skwbagman

Cooling System Bleed Procedure?

Post by skwbagman » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:42 am

Hello fellow Bongo'ists'. I'm changing my radiator this weekend as it is blocked somewhere. Does anybody have a detailed cooling system bleed procedure available? I'm particularly interested in where to find the bleed valve under the left hand seat and the RPM settings whilst bleeding.

Any help greatfully received......

cheers,
:lol: :lol:
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:00 am

You can download it here

http://www.repairmanual.co.nz
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
skwbagman

Post by skwbagman » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:17 am

$5 per section!! I hope I get the right one! There are about 10 sections for the cooling system, none of which mentions refilling and bleeding....

thanks though Ian
skwbagman

found it!!

Post by skwbagman » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:46 am

Thanks everybody, I've just found my original manual in the attic! I have the answer... :D :D
skwbagman

Spoke too soon!!

Post by skwbagman » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:55 am

Sorry everybody, my manuals do not cover this topic! If anybody knows how to do this, particularly the location of the bleed screw/valve under the left hand seat, or which section of the online manuals to download I would really appreciate it!!

:lol: :lol:
skwbagman

Downloaded it - thanks

Post by skwbagman » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:12 pm

Found the correct bit and downloaded. :lol: :lol:
ferdyb

Post by ferdyb » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:51 pm

Just went to 'Repairmanual.co.nz' looking for the coolant filling info.
It says the partwork is ?GBP 5.00,but when you get to the bit where you have to enter an amount to 'charge up' your credit, it says in the box $10, but preceded by GBP. Which has been mentioned before, are they going to charge you $10 or ?10 ?
So I went back to the previous page where the $10 first appears, where you can enter a larger amount if you wish to buy many pages and changed the amount to 5.00. Then went through to the end, authorised the payment which it appeared to accept OK, and downloaded the paperwork, which worked a treat.
Has anyone else done this? Has anyone tried entering just a 1 ? I wonder if it they will charge me 10.00 anyway.
If we go through to the member's area of this site, we can access descriptions of how to do several procedures on our Bongos, which presumably have been learned at sometime by the writers of said pieces, from some sort of manual. Yet here we all are, each of us seemingly paying for this information, when it could be on the site like the other stuff. I am not advocating that it should be blatently copied, which is illegal, but I see no reason why someone shouldn't write up their own interpretation of the procedure. It's not as if this single page of stuff is particularly easy to read anyway; in my eyes, the first page, headed 'replacement' seems to deal with 'removal', for a start and it segues seemlessly from emptying to filling at No:10 on the list.
There is, also, no mention of the small heater radiator behind the middle offside panel, and how you get air out of that if the sytem is truly empty.
just a thought.

ferdy
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:16 pm

May be shot down in flames for this :oops: but I have bled the system 3 times without any instructions, and without revving the engine hard(I live in a very built up area) I have done at least 3000 miles since last beed and all is well
Image Pete
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:07 am

The existing "coolant" fact sheet will shortly be amended to give details of drainage and refill procedur.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.

Return to “Techie Stuff”