PS2 Installation

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Umbongo

PS2 Installation

Post by Umbongo » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:44 pm

I'm going to get a PS2 fitted in the next couple of weeks, along with a flip down screen.

For those that have done it, where have you mounted the PS2?
Bongopatrol

Post by Bongopatrol » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:52 pm

Hi Umbongo
When you fit your PS2 I would love to see where so posting some pictures would be a great help Cheers.

YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'VE BEEN BONGOED !!!!
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:45 pm

Peeps be careful, this sort of thing is a magnet to toe rags looking for stuff like this, some of them have even cottoned on now that a lot of imports have goodies left in them, I have the usual portable dvd player for use in the bongo but there is no way I would have one mounted permanently either in the dash or roof, same goes for my sat nav, this is just an invite for mindless damage and theft and remember any damage to our bongos is not exactly cheap to repair is it. Good luck any way, happy motoring.
kitebeach

ps2 fitting

Post by kitebeach » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:26 pm

Im in process of fitting ps2 in area above glove box with inverter so its hidden away and a hell of a job to nick it. there should be enogh room to fix ps2 and have it at a sight angle to allow access to dvd draw.

As for screen i bought a 15" roof mounted folding one that was screan only to keep depth very slim. the reason being i then mounted it on underside of the trapdoor to roof. The reason being when not in use or in area i wouldn't like to leave it in view i rase the free top and fold over the trapdoor and close the roof down effectivly hiding and locking screan away.

:D :D :D :D :D

screan im delighted by the way with was bought from hong kong from this guy whc88hk thats his companies name on ebay was amazed at prices. mine was ?99 and it came very very fast. went with a 15" but think u might get away with a 17" to do same with.

Viewing angles tv can be seen from all the seat in back but best viewed from rear and near central as possible. also folds up as not to knock the heads of people in front.

hope this helps

Jacob :D
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:04 am

That e bay name seems familiar, it might be the same guy I bought my 9 in one portable dvd player from, I too am well chuffed with my machine it is amazing for the price, the updated version is on e bay now complete with built in freeview, my son used mine to watch a liverpool match while we drove home from Devon, looked a bit funny with the aeriel sticking out of the window but the picture was great and an 8" screen too. Happy motoring.
Keswick

Post by Keswick » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:53 am

We are still seriously considering this as an upgrade of our portable DVD. Just wondering whether the TV is any good. I see you say you can get a reception on it.
vanvliet
Supreme Being

Post by vanvliet » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:57 pm

I think that this is the company who were selling the 8'' DVD .

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Factory-Direct

They are also selling a freeview / /UHF 10.4'' unit now and some have been going for ?160 in the auctions plus post and insurance + ?24
Reception ? - a good aerial is crucial , especially for freeview
kitebeach

thieves

Post by kitebeach » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:53 pm

As everyone is talking about chance of thiefts thought id tell u about incident with me and m bongo during summer. :wink:

I recently bought a realy nice 96 i think, bongo black and silver with blackened rear windows (notice the blackened rear windows bit. as it explains allot later.) and have been pimping it up. stereo, tv etc etc spinning wheels!! which are a joy! 8)

It was a Saturday and as usual i was working in my shop selling kites id arived late (not unusual for me! :oops: ) as it was POORING DOWN and i mean POORING i wasn't looking forward to unloading the shop display of 6-7 canoes and other boats outside in rain. So thought to self mmmmm sod it today ill find something else to do as not much chance of anyone coming in this rain (I was right, quiest day) so i decided to clear a pathway though shop as much as i could then i parked van right outside on main road so i could watch anyone aproaching shop and wire up my roof mounted screan in the back of the van!

Seen is set its saturday 1pm im sat in back of van wiring tv up which is parked on busy main road and its pooring down.

As Im wiring I look up road to see a guy in his 50's who just made me feel something was wrong walking down streat towards me. I thought to self mmm i don't like him he doesn't seem to fit in and just gives me willies, while im in back of van I'll keep watch of him. He walks past Van and disapears i think nothing more about him. 5 mins goes by im still wiring tv im sat on chair just behind drivers door and the curtains are slightly pulled over when i hear my front door being openned (it had been left open and keys where in ignition as i needed the electrics on to power tv) i though aye up a friends jumping in for a chat..

It took me a age to figure out why a compleate stranger was jumping in my van and grabbing all my stuff. :shock: im there pondering why and who, when penny dropped, this was guy I had seen before and he was STEALING MY STUFF!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: the toe rag!!!!!!!

Feeling a little anoyed at this i came over the top of ront seat to grab hold of him. U should have seen his face one minute its Christmas the next hes watching a 18+ stone shaven headed bloke in mirror coming over chair :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: he mannaged to pull me over seat and got out door with me still holding on to him. he started slamming door on my arm and head. :? at this point i lost it a little and fight began in urnist!!! :twisted:

I slammed door open into him then was threatened if i didnt let go he would bite me, I thought to self best thing to do is knock this guy out fast so as he was trying to bite me i kept lamping him and i realy did hit him hard. I just had no idea what was holding him up finaly when i thought he was knocked senceless enough to get hold of him i tried to and then dragged him across road and tied to get him into pub for help. at this point he started up again still trying to bite me. Still thinking best way to deal with this is to knock guy out i kept hitting him. im told u could hear me saying to him inside pub "Look mate stop fighting or this is going to f?$@ing hurt!!!! followed by a smack and a scream" which was repeated several times. :twisted: :wink:

by this time a crowd had formed but no one was helping as he was still trying to bite me final someone got land lord who is about same build as me but about 6'8-9 and between us one holding ancle one holding twist we mannaged to hold the guy so he couldnt bit either of us.

This is the funny bit as at this point parents just happen to be passing in car and see me smiling while holding onto this guys ancle and pull in and i quote ask.

"whats happened has there been some sought of car accident?" to which i reply "nope mum i did that!!!" :wink:

Police arrive about 2 minutes after call and arrest the guy who straight away wants me up on charges for assault!! he dropped them soon after as there was to many witnesses who saw that i was just trying to stop him biting me while not letting him go and kept asking him not to resist.

He was a sorry sight though!! :oops: :oops: 8)

turns out he was wanted for 5 years for skipping bail and was wanted in blackpool and liverpool think he gave such a good fight as he new he was wanted and facing jail time. Police rang me back later to tell me i think they thought it was funny someone was in car when he desided to break in and it was someone who could handle him. Only regret was we didnt get photo. It was the Landlords first day as thye had just taken over pub.

There is some justice
littlerichley

Post by littlerichley » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:23 am

hello kitebeach

I've just read your hairaising account of attempted theft.
Nothing so dramatic has ever happened to us, but having dark tints all round ourselves, I've lost count of the number of times I've
been sitting quietly in the back and have observed some very suspicious behaviour from people who don't know I can see them.
People often come right up to the Bongo and try to peer in through the tints.
A lot of the odd behaviour I've witnessed is probably perfectly innocent, but it's still a weird experience to see without being seen.

Christine

Return to “Techie Stuff”