Cruise control / reversing aid

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

egor110

Cruise control / reversing aid

Post by egor110 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:38 pm

Does anyone have any info on whether you can get cruise control & reversing sensors fitted to bongos?
Yamaha
Bongolier

Re: Cruise Control

Post by Yamaha » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:16 pm

Hi egor110
Hope you don't mind a newbie replying to your post, but this month I had a cruise control fitted to my Romahome, and am delighted with it - dead easy to use, and maintains speed within 1mph. I went for the gear-stick commander option from this company:- http://www.adroitservices.biz/
We camped near Boston, and he came to the campsite and fitted it, ?430,
and worth every penny in my eyes.

Mike
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:52 pm

dave up north recently looked at a cruise control system, do a search for it.
also fitting reversing aids wouldnt be any problem.
bumpers are easy to access and theres loads of room to pass the cables from rear to front.
Dave up north

Post by Dave up north » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:11 pm

http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk do cruise a bit cheaper than the one above, although have not recieved any feedback about their service.
brianwfl

cruise control

Post by brianwfl » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Hi Egor 110,
I have a howard may cruise control fitted to my bongo, it works well . check @ howard may.co.uk for info
brgds brianwfl
RobinS

Post by RobinS » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:48 pm

I haven't had it fitted yet, but I have a quote of ?415 including fitting from Howard May for cruise control, and they wiil come to me to fit it. They even sent me photos of the controls fitted in a Bongo when I enquired - may even be of brianwfl's. Cruise control is the one thing I really want before any long (800mile plus) runs on the european motorways.

Robin
David and Barbara
Junior Bongonaut

Post by David and Barbara » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:20 pm

For those of you interested the website for Howard May is:

http://www.howard-may.co.uk/

David
white van man

Post by white van man » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:08 pm

cruise control! if you want diy fit waeco do one which i have seen fitted to a bongo which looked good and owner was very impressed with,reversing sensors are one of those things you tend to get what you pay for but bellhill supply and fit a good after market kit and some times can supply second hand mazda kits
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:55 pm

I've fitted the Waeco MS50 cruise control & I find it works really well & only took less than half a day to fit - cost about ?100. It's a job for anyone who is competant with basic tools & electrics. I took a load of photos during the process so I can put together a factsheet when I get a spare evening.
Simple Simon
Bongonaut

Post by Simple Simon » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:21 am

Simon Jones wrote:I've fitted the Waeco MS50 cruise control & I find it works really well & only took less than half a day to fit - cost about ?100. It's a job for anyone who is competant with basic tools & electrics. I took a load of photos during the process so I can put together a factsheet when I get a spare evening.
Yes please, Simon. had cruise on my Carlton 3000gsi and relly miss it on El Bongo. Can't justify ?400 but ?100 and 1 day (I'm not that good!) seems reasonable.

As for reversing sensors...why???? That rear mirror plus the power steering makes parking an absolute doddle. Easiest vehicle that I have ever had the pleasure of driving apart from my old morris 1000 which I just touch parked everywhere (in my youth). Oh and the 1955 Land Rover that was just abandoned where ever I wanted to stop. (could touch park with LR as well but tended to demolish front wings bonnets radiators etc (but not the LRs!!!!!)

Return to “Techie Stuff”