New stereo/ dvd player

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

kitebeach

15" monitor

Post by kitebeach » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:41 pm

bought and fitted a 15" monitor for ?99 a few weeks ago which i bought from hong kong is brilliant saw same on in shop in uk for ?400 and they normaly go for ?170 on ebay. I went with monitor only as its allot slimmer without dvd and where i fitted it means i can flip hatch into roof over and lower roof hidding it when i need to. highly recomended as totaly hidden. and i have a matress up there. i went with 15" as wasnt sure it would fit on hatch but think a 17" would also fit!

viewing is best from rear seats but can also be watched from middle ones and rear door can be open to let standing room only watch!

the monitor came within 3-4 days i think was shocked it might have only been 2 i thought to self it was impossible to be here all ready. the guy has a shop on ebay look up whc88hk he comes highly recomended

I fitted car with a 300watt inverter which powers a play station or xbox in the back hidden under seats, which is wired into monitor and stereo giving me goose bumps late at night while camping out in the wilderness by myself, even better with friends :D who think im quite mad :roll:

i have soughted the head unit and everything else but now has come time to change speakers has anyone any idea how to get the rear pannels off to get to the speakers there?

best regards

Jacob slevin
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:06 pm

To remove the rear panels: undo the bolt holding end of seat belt & just gradually work your way around the outside giving it a gentle pull. It is held by a series of clips that just un-pop. If you have flip up seats, they will need to be removed first.
kitebeach

rear panels

Post by kitebeach » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:14 pm

cheers will do tomorrow

thanks again

Jacob :D
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:09 am

egor I looked at lots of these on e bay but thought about having the bongo ripped apart by some mindless yob trying to nick it so I opted for the 8" screen portable dvd 9 in one player, it is brilliant the newest version which is on e bay now even has freeview built in, the tv picture is excellent but benefit from an exterior aeriel which I would use if camping, it even comes with two controllers and a cd with 300 nes games, it is well worth a look, plays mp3 music as well. I migh just go for the newer version and give my current one to my neice who will be off to uni.Good luck Happy motoring.
Yamaha
Bongolier

Post by Yamaha » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:25 am

Egor

I have a very similar flip-down "clamshell" one I bought off eBay, ?99 from England - no dvd, but is a tv and monitor. I was going to fit it in the Romahome, but luckily didn't, as we're just buying a Bongo, and the Romahome is up for sale!!

I also got a Sony MEX-R1 head unit, which will play dvd's straight into the monitor - or if you're into music, you can burn about 1000 mp3's onto a dvd, and it will happily play those as well. My flip-down also has a reversing camera input, so that when triggered by the reversing light it automatically switches to the camera view, so will need mounting somewhere on the cabin roof - as well as folding down, it will swivel 180 degrees, so will be visable from the drivers seat.

Mike

Return to “Techie Stuff”