Drivers seat runners

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

dgwb

Drivers seat runners

Post by dgwb » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:25 am

can you get longer drivers seat runners as I am 6 foot 6 and after test driving a Bongo thought that on long journeys it could get a little uncomfartable anybody had retrofitted longer runners? Can it be done?
thanks in advance
Athers

Post by Athers » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:40 pm

Ah Horwich.....The name the Railwaymen didn't want.............. :roll:

At a mere 6', the front can get a little cramped, although I find it massively comfortable even for 4-500 miles!

The runners for the back seats have been much discussed and widely covered, but runners for the front haven't really been talked about!

I have just had a very quick look in the search and couldn't find much!

A phone call to some of the dealers that convert Bongos to campers may be worth a go.

You might have problems as the front seats are designed to tip forward to be occassional seats. Longer runners might interfere with this!

Good Luck!
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:52 pm

little uncomfartable
I sincerely hope not :lol:
I am 6'2"+ and I must admit that it is one of the most comfortable of the 57 cars I have owned. I can almost straighten my left leg (assuming yours is auto of course).
Ask your dealer if you can take it for a long run. I think you will find it ok.
But of course four inches can be the difference between heaven and hell :wink: I know nothing about longer runners but It cannot be beyond the wit of man to weld a plain plate on the front (for the fixing bolts) and thereby move it back a bit.
good luck.
susan

Post by susan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:55 pm

YES you can get longer runners, saw them on a lifestyle conversion for passenger+ driver :D.
dgwb

Post by dgwb » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:01 am

thanks for all the replys I will speak to some on the converters brilliant news. the other alternative is what colin has suggested.

Horwich.....The name the Railwaymen didn't want..............@ Athers sorry you will have to enlighten me the only thing I could think of is maybe a poem by the local Horwich man Dr Edmond Wright maybe totally wrong.
shakey

Post by shakey » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:54 pm

dgwb, I am 6'5 1/2" and 17 stone, with a selection of ruptured discs, this is the only vehicle I have driven in recent years for a 5hr stretch and got out still able to walk normally (for me that is!) I can also slide my left leg, 35" inside, (possibly too much info here!) out and up side the foot rest to stretch it. Had my Bongo 13mnths and 10,000 miles and I still love it. :D Shakey
Athers

Post by Athers » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:44 pm

dgwb wrote: Horwich.....The name the Railwaymen didn't want..............@ Athers sorry you will have to enlighten me
Horwich RMI Football Club....now of course Leigh RMI (Railway Mechanics Institute!)

Return to “Techie Stuff”