Automatic blinds

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Hedgetrimmer

Automatic blinds

Post by Hedgetrimmer » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:30 am

Have been lucky to get my Bongo with automatic blinds but these are made out of my grans sofa it would appear.

I was hoping to replace the material as they are of very simple construction...BUT... it looks like it would involve taking the trim off to get to them as they are right in the door frames etc.

I am au fait with taking off a car door trim to retrieve slipped mirrors and car speakers so thought I might be able to pull this off

Anyone got a Haynes manual :shock:

Or alternatively some helpful advice
Keswick

Post by Keswick » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:26 am

I think most Bongos have these blinds and I have found the following thread which advises how someone took them off to wash, so the information may help you in taking them off to replace.

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... dow+blinds

I quite like the standard fabric. Maybe its a different fabric on different age vehicles and models? It works well as a blind, and very well fitted. If they are dirty, I notice the thread above also covers some advice on cleaning.

HTH
Hedgetrimmer

Post by Hedgetrimmer » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:29 am

Thanks Keswick. The construction of the blinds are bang on, I just prefer my soft furnishings a bit more pimp :P
Keswick

Post by Keswick » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:36 am

Thats OK! Most Bongo owners have customised something or other. I'm sure your pimped blinds will be lovely! In fact, I can imagine it'll only be a matter of time before a design finds itself on ebay ;)

Return to “Techie Stuff”