A slight twist to the "bleeding method"

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

erminrude
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: A slight twist to the "bleeding method"

Post by erminrude » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:36 am

OMG this is just about to make life easier.
New Bongo owner here.
First attempt at bleeding it became apparent we had a pathetically small funnel .... result = scalded hand and abort.
I’m off out to buy the bits to mirror your kit this morning and will hopefully have a more successful attempt later.
Many many thanks for the tip. Sounds so much more sensible, particularly for novices like me :D
Very novice bongonaught
sp2cpss
Junior Bongonaut

Post by sp2cpss » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:19 pm

Hello all,
I replaced the radiator in my 2.5 v6 Bongo today which was relatively straightforward up to the point where the infamous bleeding stage started. I could not find a funnel to fit so referred to this forum and this post involving the jug setup. I went back to the garage and found what I used and it has functioned perfectly for the bleeding method... an old Hozelink pump spray bottle. I cut the end of the spray arm and removed the trigger mid way on the handle and the cut metal end fits well in the bleed hose. Was able to lift the bottle up and down and watch the air bubbles enter the bottle. Even manage to hook the bottle up in various places on the fan.

I think its going to be harder to work out if I can attach a photo or two.....struggling.
Anyway thanks to the jug method poster for giving me the clue and hope you find the hozelink bottle method useful.

cheers
Axsices
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Axsices » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:15 pm

Hello 👋
I am putting together one of these kits, luckily I work in a hose/hydraulics shop!
The clear plastic hose attached to the bleed pipe- can anyone confirm the inside diameter is 10mm?
I’ve got a good thick hose here that would do the job.
It won’t kink so I was going to bend it around the handle and fix it pointing down with a shaped piece of wood in the jug...
I’m thinking less connectionpoints less chance of air getting in...
I’ve got a ball valve and two hose tail fittings, so hose tail in bleed pipe- secured with a jubilee clip, screwed into the valve then hose tail to clear pipe, does that sound ok?
Thanks

Return to “Techie Stuff”