BONGO BROKEN INTO

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

zzRGBzz

BONGO BROKEN INTO

Post by zzRGBzz » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:57 am

:cry: I had my lovely bongo broken into last night they smashed the passenger front side window and got my cd player and sat nav from glove box(yes i shouldnt of left them in there) so i rang auto glass, to my supprise they can fit me a new glass tomorrow a.m. and today put me in a temp perspex one in ,the cost was ?450 !!!!!!!!!!! but because im in the AA i got a discount which brought it down to ?330 and heres the best bit, i can claim the amount back from my insurance (lifesure) so i big thanx to autoglass and lifesure and a lesson learned for me :roll:
Shane

Bongo Theft

Post by Shane » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:03 am

Sorry to hear of your bad news, let us hope that you
get paid out quickly and the Bongo is back in A 1 condition
asap.

Best wishes Shane
zzRGBzz

Post by zzRGBzz » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:06 am

i think in this day and age i would be better just leaving the bongo unlocked with nowt in it :evil:
Shane

Bongo Theft

Post by Shane » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:33 am

Leave it unlocked but have a Carpet Viper Snake inside, these
little critters are very nasty and short tempered.

Don't know how you will get in though.
zzRGBzz

Post by zzRGBzz » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:36 am

i think i will just leave the wife sat there that should do the trick
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:37 am

Hi zz.....sorry to hear about your break-in......even though I have a cat 1 alarm immobiliser fitted....my biggest fear is that some scrote will do the same to me....even though the alarm will go off if they break a window....it's the hassle of getting it fixed.....can't fault autoglass as they tracked down a replacement window for my Mazda 626...( the only window stocked in this country )....well pleased with their service.....good luck with the new window and happy Bongoing.........Alan
Alan...still plodding on....!
zzRGBzz

Post by zzRGBzz » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:40 am

cheers Alan, my biggest worry is i have to park on the street and having a big black eye catching bongo worrys me and there we have it smashed window and day off work not a good start to the week
nick & jem

Post by nick & jem » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:57 am

you can just go through your insurance to save the pain of trying to get it back
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:00 am

Autoglass normally take the windscreen excess from you when they replace the window and they claim off your insurance.....that's my experience.....have your insurance cert handy.....Alan
Alan...still plodding on....!
zzRGBzz

Post by zzRGBzz » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:07 am

i payed auto glass over the phone then i rang lifesure they said just send recipt in and they will send me the money
nick & jem

Post by nick & jem » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:11 am

that will be less your x/s, autoglass are so pushy when it comes to paying, they always try geting the money first so when they mess you about you cant go to another company.
zzRGBzz

Post by zzRGBzz » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:13 am

well i must say they said they would be there at 10am and they not here yet :evil:
nick & jem

Post by nick & jem » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:16 am

well i have worked for them and silver shield and now curently rac auto windscreens and i have to say i`m not sorry i left autoglass.

Return to “Techie Stuff”