Flooring without converting

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Alkers
Bongolier

Flooring without converting

Post by Alkers » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:34 pm

I've had a look at the factsheet for putting a floor in but most of these seem to involve people removing the factor seats.

Has anyone floored their van and kept the original seats - specifically the rear folding seats?

It seems awkward to cut ply to fit around the runners for the middle row and then would have to cut out sections for the support bars for the rear seats - just wondering how anyone else has approached this?

Thanks
sotal
Supreme Being

Re: Flooring without converting

Post by sotal » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:03 pm

I put ply in my bongo and still have the runners for the rear seats. I'm pretty sure I posted pictures on here at the time but it wasn't too hard. My bongo is converted but I still have factory seats.

I also noticed most guides do it in two pieces, I found it easier and nearer to do in one main piece.

I'll see if I can find my photos
sotal
Supreme Being

Re: Flooring without converting

Post by sotal » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=72558&hilit=Floor

The above shows some pictures of when I did mine.

It was all from one sheet of plywood. The only join is the small piece in the rear drivers side corner. My kitchen is a mid kitchen so is opposite the sliding door. If you didn't have a kitchen there then you might need to cut another piece to go there.

I cut one of the rails down to give a flatter access point and to make it nearer. The other is under the kitchen.

It all works perfectly and we've been really happy with it since doing it.

Return to “Techie Stuff”