Gearbox identification help please

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Stevemar
Apprentice Bongonaut

Gearbox identification help please

Post by Stevemar » Thu May 28, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me identify what type of gearbox I have in my bongo please? It’s sadly died and needs a new one but struggling with identification marks.

The bongo is a 2.5v6 petrol bongo Automatic year dec2000 although first registered in the U.K. in 2010.

The gearbox only has a small tag located on it with markings um010? With no other I’d marks visible.

I tried to order a replacement online but the one sent through is slightly different despite me giving vehicle reg etc. The gearbox I have received looks very similar but is 2 inches longer meaning I would need a different prop. It also has different plugs for the sensors which are also in different locations. I initially thought about cutting looms etc and trying to make it fit With a different prop etc but thought I would get Some advice about the different types available.

Any help on the types which could be fitted to the vehicle would be appreciated as well as any places to get a replacement ideally from someone in the know.

Steve
rita
Supreme Being

Re: Gearbox identification help please

Post by rita » Thu May 28, 2020 2:23 pm

Stevemar wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:24 pm Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me identify what type of gearbox I have in my bongo please? It’s sadly died and needs a new one but struggling with identification marks.

The bongo is a 2.5v6 petrol bongo Automatic year dec2000 although first registered in the U.K. in 2010.

The gearbox only has a small tag located on it with markings um010? With no other I’d marks visible.

I tried to order a replacement online but the one sent through is slightly different despite me giving vehicle reg etc. The gearbox I have received looks very similar but is 2 inches longer meaning I would need a different prop. It also has different plugs for the sensors which are also in different locations. I initially thought about cutting looms etc and trying to make it fit With a different prop etc but thought I would get Some advice about the different types available.

Any help on the types which could be fitted to the vehicle would be appreciated as well as any places to get a replacement ideally from someone in the know.

Steve

The code is usually located at the driver's side rear of the box on a small aluminium tag.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu May 28, 2020 2:54 pm

Bongo Spares are well thought of here:

https://www.bongospares.co.uk/

And welcome aboard. :)
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu May 28, 2020 3:30 pm

The tag mentioned is as far as I am aware the only marking of the box version itself and there are quite a few different versions it seems. Pretty certain that the only number is AANNN so like UM710 or UM711 there are some digits after that but only the serial number itself.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Stevemar
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Stevemar » Thu May 28, 2020 10:56 pm

Thank you for your reply’s and advice,

Steve

Return to “Techie Stuff”