centre roof light

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Bongolia
Supreme Being

centre roof light

Post by Bongolia » Fri May 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Just reversing the Waspies roof.
Running the cables for the centre light I ran a 3 core through no problem but when I came connect up my light has 4 wires but only 3 run to the plug and the 4th is a red bulleted connector soldered to the back of the circuit board. The problem is I can nothing to connect this to. I think it must have just been poked in the sleeving Any ideas please should I just leave it disconnected and what was it for?
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: centre roof light

Post by Bongolia » Fri May 29, 2020 6:59 pm

Also I have been searching for the mod to change flourescent to led but after trawling through with the search function have turned nothing up?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Fri May 29, 2020 11:19 pm

Is it for the "U" tube version or straight ?
"U" tube http://www.g8dhe.net/bongo_images/repla ... cent_tube/
Straight http://www.g8dhe.net/bongo_images/repla ... ight_tube/

The normal wiring does only have three wires, Earth, switched earth from door and +12 volts. The extra wire must have been added ....
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Sat May 30, 2020 5:04 am

Thanks again!
Extra wire is strange it is of the same gauge as the rest and looks like original solder and from its own terminal and wrapped in the same sleeving.
Maybe to sctivate an additional light in any case I can find no further wiring anywhere.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat May 30, 2020 9:22 am

What year is the vehicle ? The single bullet type connector is never used by Mazda in my experience.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Sat May 30, 2020 8:42 pm

Its a P reg March 97 bit of an odd ball it has facelifted front and rear but older model AFT,interior handle for the rear door,later centre console with drivers only airbag. While I was fiddling I found a couple of other bullet connectors going nowhere linked to the cold start switch this was disconnected but these were all I found that look as though they have always been there. The roof light was missing a hold down screw so it has been removed before. It was imported by Ian Taylor and owned by his wife so I understood from Roosmith, maybe modded by them?

Return to “Techie Stuff”