Help! 12v lead not working anymore

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Bongo1010
Apprentice Bongonaut

Help! 12v lead not working anymore

Post by Bongo1010 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:34 am

I have someone renting out my Bongo tomorrow (Monday 12th) and the power to my kitchen at the back has stopped working!?
Basically the 12v lead which runs off the LB to the water pump was working until I cut through it to run off another 12v lead direct to the cooler!
Now for some reason nothing works. I’ve checked the charge in LB and all ok but nothing coming through on the 12v wire. Therefore my thinking is that it may be a fuse, I hope. I’ve brought a load of the blade ones but don’t know which ones I would need to change on which fuse box. There are two located under the bonnet, one next to main battery and one larger one between that and LB.
Please help!?
Roy748
Bongolier

Re: Help! 12v lead not working anymore

Post by Roy748 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:55 pm

Do you have a split charge relay fitted? If so you will possibly have a seperate fuse box that has a number of fuses in there, this is often used when you have a leisure battery fitted. Check these fuses, normally they are 16amp fuses. The fuse box can be found if you follow the positive (red wire) from the leisure battery. There is normally around 6 fuses in there.

Return to “Techie Stuff”