Rear heater air con

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

willow2u
Bongolier

Rear heater air con

Post by willow2u » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:43 pm

Had to replace a lot of the steel underneath the rear heater I had already decided to do away with it just because all the additional pipe work for the heater and air con just seemed like a problem waiting to happen so hoiked it all out welded in new metal and can’t believe the amount of space you could fit an easyJet cabin suitcase there, our last bongo had a side conversion but we said the next one wouldn’t have any conversion all we used last time was the gas ring for a kettle and fridge so it seems a bit pointless. If I line this space and modify the side panel I could store the stove of death utensils kettle cutlery and pans there I will extend some ducting to link up with the now redundant rear ducting to blow some air into the back but most of the time it will be me and the missus in the front anyway
5AEAD1C2-5BC0-4903-91B0-604A3302D633.jpeg
554A3EA5-4CFC-47A8-A1F9-74A3BF281FE0.jpeg
cwilliams255
Bongolier

Re: Rear heater air con

Post by cwilliams255 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:29 pm

Yeps it’s a big space alright, I had originally planned for 2nd leisure battery and water in mine but given accessibility being side conversion I just ended up storing the fridge compressor and a bit of pipe work down there

Return to “Techie Stuff”