Wiring a reverse cam with dash mounted screen

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

MandyNMark
Apprentice Bongonaut

Wiring a reverse cam with dash mounted screen

Post by MandyNMark » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:29 pm

Hi could anyone help please. I have just ordered a cheap reverse cam with a 5inch screen and its come with no instructions. I have googled but cant find any that show the stand alone screen and with the red'tails' that seem to come off of some of the csbles . I found one vid about one with tails that said they were power loads but I am unsure what happens to the 'red tail' lead that come off of the yellow one that plugs into the monitor. It seemed that if it was going into stereo it would go into there but I'm using the 5inch screen that comes with it. Has anyone else set one of these up and can advise ? We wanted to fit it to the pioneer avic-mrz07 that we have but cannot find a reverse cam lead to connect it into . It seems its been changed somehow and hubby and I are not technical enough to do it . Many thanks
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Wiring a reverse cam with dash mounted screen

Post by g8dhe » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Can you provide some links and/or pictures to the devices as otherwise it's a bit difficult to work out what leads you have!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Rickster
Bongonaut

Post by Rickster » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:45 pm

These leads are standard with reversing cameras.
The red lead on the phono connector usually has one end wired to the reverse light, both this and the red lead of the camera itself should be to the positive on the reverse light, the camera black is to the light cluster ground/earth (black), the other end is obviously connected to the screen or 'reverse camera' input, the red at this end would usually be wired to a trigger input on the radio itself, the instructions for said radio will explain this.
Most camera kits sold with a screen may not need the red signal wire, this is the bit that will confuse most people.
Hope the above helps.
Stay safe, Rick.
Rickster
Bongonaut

Post by Rickster » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:53 pm

After looking up the radio unit, it seems it may not have a reverse camera input, it's a peculiar model with Google having to translate the spec for me.

Return to “Techie Stuff”