Folding Mirrors not working

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

phillips321
Junior Bongonaut

Folding Mirrors not working

Post by phillips321 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:02 pm

Hi all,

I've just picked up a new to me 1996 Mazda Bongo Camper and it has a few issues that I'd like to tinker with to sort. So apologies for the multiple posts, I just thought it would be easier to track this way.

My folding mirrors button doesn't appear to do anything, is there a certain way it should work? Does the engine after to be running? Do I have to hold the button or press the button?

Thanks in advance
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Folding Mirrors not working

Post by Bob » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:27 pm

Welcome aboard. 8)

Electrical problems on the doors are often traced to the loom where it passes from the A pillar into the door itself.

Opening and closing causes the wires to work harden and break inside the insulation.

It's simple enough to cut the outer sleeve then you can often see the problem. Either solder in a short repair piece, or repair looms are available.

Can't remember if you need the key to 'accessories' or 'ignition' but you don't need to run the engine to opperate the mirrors.
Doone
Supreme Being

Re: Folding Mirrors not working

Post by Doone » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:10 pm

What Bob said. :)
And sometimes non-electric/non-folding mirrors have been fitted in place of the electric ones.
Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services

Return to “Techie Stuff”