Fuel pump seal

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

helen&tony
Supreme Being

Fuel pump seal

Post by helen&tony » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:53 am

Hi
I have / had a starting issue, changed another couple of vacuum lines, even though they appeared undamaged, and the starting was fine???...BUT, there's a leak on the fuel pump (diesel) side plate that the throttle arm fits onto...just above the side-plate (domed) which retains the piston assembly. Now here's the thing, I have the official Bosch / Zexel assembly diagram, and it doesn't show a seal or removeable plate, but it clearly has one, as it's leaking around the allen screw, and bottom of the plate....Does anyone have any info...?
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: Fuel pump seal

Post by helen&tony » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:03 am

Hi
I've done the seals before, but this appears to come from above the domed plate????...It's conceivable that it could be spraying upwards???...but in the new year, I'll probably get a new pump....and then there's the issue of finding someone to fit it!.....LOL....I know how, but I don't have the physical strength these days (old injuries)...LOL....I might try the side seal on spec, but I'm itching to find out what the seal above is, and why it's not listed on the parts sheet???....It could even be a gasket??
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Techie Stuff”