Central locking not working on sliding door...

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Donnie
Bongonaut

Central locking not working on sliding door...

Post by Donnie » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:58 pm

So, since I bought the bongo a year ago the sliding door lock never worked with the central locking via the front door lock, it does work using the key but I'd really like to fix it.
I will say the auto close of the door itself works fine so looks like it may be an issue somewhere with the wiring or five pins on the b pillar to door connection as I can see the sliding door lock knob "twitch" sometimes when engaging or disengaging the central locking via the front door.

So, the pins have been cleaned and scotchbrited now Im thinking the next step is to explore the wiring behind them and hope theres a break or poor wire?
Anyone know which of the 5 pins control the lock as opposed to the autoclose mech?
'96 AWD 2.5 diesel with AFT
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Central locking not working on sliding door...

Post by g8dhe » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:04 pm

The two recessed pins handle the locking the wiring diagrams have more details as to wire colours etc.

The specific page for pre-2000 vehicles is
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Propnut
Bongonaut

Post by Propnut » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:25 pm

I had the same trouble with my van. It turned out to be the motor that moves the mechanism. It didn't have the strength to fully move the the latch which I expect is the same small movement that you mention. I was expecting to see a solenoid when I opened it up but it is indeed a motor. I was able to buy a replacement, inevitability from China via eBay. Getting to the motor is a bit of a trial but it can be done with care.

Good luck
Donnie
Bongonaut

Post by Donnie » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:36 am

Cheers guys, sorry for the delay in reply, work :-(

I may just buy a good secondhand unit and be done with it as that may be the simplest quickest course of action after double checking the right power is getting to it via pins and making sure the wirings ok.
Donnie
Bongonaut

Post by Donnie » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:36 am

Just to say, all done :-) Got a unit off ebay, swapped out the "black box" and refitted, works perfectly. I followed this chaps youtube video so hope it will be of help to someone else at some point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4i2eO1 ... thHoughton

Thanks again all.

Return to “Techie Stuff”