Main wiring headlight & HIDwiring

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Leonw
Apprentice Bongonaut

Main wiring headlight & HIDwiring

Post by Leonw » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:07 pm

Hi everyone im new to the Bongo scene and have my first bug problem, ive looked through the forum and can't find anything and the wiring diagrams are not working. I have a 1997 Bongo but just kitted out with a 2002 aero kit including upgraded HID lights. So the big question is how do i wire it up. I have changed the connections on the side light and indicator and fogs and all good, but how do i go about connecting the charge unit, high beam and my adjustment switch? Its mainly earths and lives so dont think it will be too bad, but dont want to blow filaments at £50 a pop! Any advice greatly appreciated. Happy New Year all.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Main wiring headlight & HIDwiring

Post by g8dhe » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:11 pm

The diagrams are still working ;-) But you need Flash installed and enabled, as of 12th Jan the IT world is trying to kill Flash, so be quick! If your using Chrome you need to enable the site each time - Click on "Not secure" and enable Flash then reload, the pages will appear however no details on HID wiring as they they only appeared after 2000 and the diagrams only go to 1999. You will need the entire setup, Ballast and levelling controls etc. not just the lights of course.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”