Bongolier

Re: new member

Post by willow2u » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:57 am

Using mark on flywheel will confirm mark at front
and
Bongonaut

Post by and » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:40 pm

Ye marks tally up timing spot on removed pump to check key way position all good back together every thing is bang on starts runs good revs blue smoke not as bad worse when warm now, i seem to be getting there going to run up tommoro and remove intercooler pipes air cleaner pipes ect .
I need to get into the fuel tank being it has been standing for so long and see if it is not full of cr* p do i have to remove the the floor rails to get to the sender i did a search on the forum but not that clear cheers again
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:20 pm

Not certain, not heard of anyone saying they couldn't reach it ?
fuel_access.JPG
fuel_access.JPG (50.23 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
IMG00173-20110417-1931.jpg
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
willow2u
Bongolier

Post by willow2u » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:49 pm

Might need a good run out to get it fully up to temperature
and
Bongonaut

Post by and » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:25 am

Thats what is needed i think but i am unsure about the coolant bleeding i have used the see saw method doesn't seem to be any air in system temp gauge goes up to just before half way not being driven so not up to temp front and rear heaters get warm but the bottom hose getting hot it doesn't. But in all my years i have always been taught top of rad or hose hot / bottom of rad cold or cool as thermostat opens to allow cooler water to circulate to the engine i know of a couple of new cars that could do with a cover on the bottom of the rad as they struggle to get to working temp like a few older cars . So are bongos different but as you say more than likely needs a run thank you so much again .
willow2u
Bongolier

Post by willow2u » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:59 pm

No worries got to save the bongo they are becoming an endangered species. Would be wise to double check the bleeding process quite critical on the diesel I think when I did my other bongo must have taken me about an hour pi55ing about seesawing I think there’s now a self bleed system 👍🏻
and
Bongonaut

Post by and » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:26 am

Well i have removed tank sender unit and the tank is clean and there was diesel in there to make sure it wasn't anything to do with the running issues before i road test.
I know the fuel gauge does not work i have put a direct 12v feed to the plug and a good earth still gauge not working .
Put a meter on the sender moved the float up and down and got a fluctuating reading so i am hopeing that the sender is ok i checked every fuse and all ok .
Not that important i know with the other stuff i have to do brakes / steering check ect #-o but with my running issues thought i would ask about fuel gauge
thanks for all your help :D
and
Bongonaut

Post by and » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:18 pm

Been on road test not far as no tax or mot pulls well no misfire blue smoke if hard acceleration but no hesitation there.
BUT i have noticed something it might sound daft but starts great runs great cold but as soon as the temp gauge moves of cold to about a quarter then engine tone alters then smokes :? i even know by the tone it is going to smoke when i am only in ear shot.
I know a lot of cars are temperature sender critical like disconnect a temp sender on a shogun auto and it will not change gear properly or run rite surely bongos aren't set up like that cheers
willow2u
Bongolier

Post by willow2u » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:13 pm

I think the only thing that could affect anything on the pump is possibly the boost pipe that goes to top of pump it’s a rubber one I think don’t think the bongo is clever enough to alter anything else
and
Bongonaut

Post by and » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:41 pm

i didn't think so either but i mite just disconect the temp sensor just as a experiment :) you never know cheers
and
Bongonaut

Re: new member with questions

Post by and » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:46 pm

Another question why dose's my injection pump have a TPS fitted and its wired when i have a manual gearbox in my car seems a bit pointless to me :?
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:51 pm

I've moved your post to the 'Techie' forum, from 'Chat' and added 'with questions'. This is so more members realise you're asking for assistance with mechanical problems. I hope it helps.
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
willow2u
Bongolier

Post by willow2u » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:07 pm

what does it run like with tps disconnected
and
Bongonaut

Post by and » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:11 pm

i haven't tried it but i will if got to be worth a try cheers
and
Bongonaut

Post by and » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:18 am

Disconected tps did nothing reconected it just the same.
Cant understand this i have timed how long it takes before it smokes bang on 10 minutes every time and at the same time as temp gauge moves engine runs a little bit rough then blue diesel smelling smoke this is why i thought it mite be a electrical problem but hardly any engine electrics to speak of on these cheers

Return to “Techie Stuff”