Undersealing around Manchester

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

DaveH76
Junior Bongonaut

Undersealing around Manchester

Post by DaveH76 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:28 pm

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend anywhere who does rustproofing and undersealing including cavities, etc around Manchester or the wider NW area?

Mine had been done at some time before it came into my ownership (which was June last year) but it is overdue being done again. There is some surface rust to the floor underside and I want it sorted before it becomes a bigger problem.

I have looked at the factsheet in the members area but Japan Direct Service Centre in Bury don’t do it anymore (health issues), Campervans4fun we’re not overly keen (wanted me to get the surface rust, etc wire brushed off prior to taking it to him), and the reply I got from Dore Service Station indicated he did not want to do it. The replies I got are understandable to be fair because it is not a nice job.

I have found one garage who uses Dinitrol products in Rochdale but when I said what vehicle (1998 diesel) the reply was ‘oh, we charge £1080 +VAT for those’...

I would do it myself (or at least do the prep for Campervans4fun) but with working full time as a key worker with two young kids and studying part time for a degree means I really do not have the time at the moment.

Thanks guys.
mickc
Bongonaut

Re: Undersealing around Manchester

Post by mickc » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:04 pm

I had my van undersealed at Wheelquick in Wigan they did a really thorough job. Might be worth giving them a call, 01942 217800.
DaveH76
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Undersealing around Manchester

Post by DaveH76 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:52 am

Great, thanks Mick. I will give them a call.

Return to “Techie Stuff”