I am your front mud flaps calling for attention !

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

I am your front mud flaps calling for attention !

Post by BongoBongo123 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:50 am

Hi all was just out doing annual rust checks and remembered the potential issue lurking behind the front mud flaps. Nicely filled with a very fine quality of soil, maybe we could sell Bongo compost as a side line ? Mind you, we will need a few Bongos to fill a 20L sack.

In all seriousness, check behind your front mud flaps for damp settled leaves and soil. Also when you open each of the front doors there is a hole between the panel join right down at the bottom front of the door well. Here you can poke a spoon handle gently or other tool (plastic spoon etc. probably best) and it will dislodge the "silt" as you waggle the flaps about and it all comes out nicely.

Better not to have damp salty soil in there rotting the front of your sills away eh ?

Easy job and pays dividends good time to do it as it won't be too damp and should come out fairly easily. Why not check your rears as well whilst you are at it. Just one rusty spot to sort out this year so not too bad. I am proud of how well I have held back the rust on the Bongo over the last 6 years. No question I would have had to have rear arches by now, continued annual anti rust repairs slowed it considerably. Good luck.

Return to “Techie Stuff”