Window Blinds Wiring Loom

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

PeriRollah
Apprentice Bongonaut

Window Blinds Wiring Loom

Post by PeriRollah » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:46 am

Hi All,

I decided to take on installing some electric blinds in my bongo over the weekend.

Armed with the passenger side wiring loom, the individual switches and the 2 dash switches, I was able to wire in the passenger side adding the +12v Yellow , then the two control wires white with green stripe and green with red stripe.

I, however, assumed incorrectly from reading various sources, that the drivers side may have had the loom but, unfortunately not. I figured out though from the difference in the wire size and some wires that were present on the fused side of the plug but not present on the connecting plug side the two control wires. from memory ,red and orange, but not the power. I made up a 3 wire loom and took a light green cable which was 12v. This worked from the dash switch raising and lowering both drivers side blinds. But the individual switches did not work. The strange thing is that I do see +12v and -12V from the switches on the two pine motor wires when disconnected from the motor as I toggle up and down, but when I connect the plug to the motor this drops to 0v when pressing the up down rockers.

I wonder if anyone could please confirm the colours of the 3 wires from the front of the car on the drivers side please, or perhaps advise of the colours going into an individual switch left to right with the group of three pins first then the 2 pins on the right side . I have attached a picture from a passenger side switch for reference, pin 1(green and red stripe), pin 3 (yellow +12v) and pin 4 (white with green strip) are the pins I am enquring about specifcially but on the drivers side individual switches.
IMG_20211017_102617.jpg
I would really be grateful if anyone could pop out a switch and check please.

I did try the link:

viewtopic.php?t=61284

Which I believe has a link to the wiring loom in the members section but the flash / javascript plugins I believe are disabled from modern browsers now and so I cannot view it.

unless anyone has a pic of the blinds wiring diagram I would be so grateful.

Thanks and Regards

Derek
PeriRollah
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Window Blinds Wiring Loom

Post by PeriRollah » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:22 am

IMG_20211018_110625.jpg
The plug for drivers side, control wires are yellow with blue stripe and yellow with red. The green in that same block is +12v but appears to be wired to something already.. but tapping into that works for front dash switch, but not the indiviudal switches.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:37 pm

No not quite as simple as that, the motors need a full reversal of wiring to operate Up/Down hence the problem, here is the circuit to use;
Roller_blinds.JPG
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
PeriRollah
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by PeriRollah » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:23 pm

Many thanks for this Geoff I will take a look at that wiring.

The individual switches do work if the circuit is powered from an independent / isolated supply, the voltages are reversed correctly and the blinds operate in both directions from the OEM switches.

I can see from the circuit diagram which wire it is I need to locate now though. Thats very helpful.

Many Thanks for this

Derek
PeriRollah
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by PeriRollah » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:06 am

Hi Geoff, just to let you know that the blinds are working sweetly now.. Was just one other I needed to tap into...

Now to my next project.. Finding a purple roof tent and fitting!!

Thanks again, much appreciated 👍
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:16 am

Well done. 8)
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:14 am

Good news, its not always been possible to locate some of the looms in the past and not everybody is able to make their own looms to put in place!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”