The NUFBUS

Moderator: francophile1947

Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Re: The NUFBUS

Post by Pete & Sue » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:08 am

Hello peeps,
Hope your New Year has got off to a good start.
We have had mixed fortunes, Sue broke her leg during the snowy weather and is now being transported by Bongo and wheelchair; supplemented by a posh Zimmer frame! :shock:
Our son and his lovely girlfriend have had a beautiful baby girl,Ella, weighing in at 7lb 3oz. =D>
Mother-in-law has had a mini-stroke and lost the most of the sight in her left eye. She was taken to hospital on Sunday by her neighbour, protesting that she didn't want to go because she would miss her Soaps on TV! She still can't understand what all the fuss was about. :roll:
Central heating boiler gave up the ghost on Sunday so we are swathed in as many clothes as we can find; a bit like Willy Wonka's family, until the boiler is replaced tomorrow. :cry:
The Bongo has a puncture and needs new glow plugs; courtesy of Bongo shop. 8)
Apart from that we are having a blinking good time, although the wines running out! :oops:
We were cheered up by the wonderful news about Anna; theres always a silver lining amongst the cloud. :D
All our best regards to all of you on the forum and look forward to seeing you at the various meets.
Ta Ta for now,
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:13 am

Hi Pete

Hope Sue recovers fully very quickly so you can both resume your Bongo Tours.and good luck with your other woes

Best wishes from your ex Silverdale neighbours,

Brian n Jean
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Wow you guys have been busy. Sue lie back and enjoy Pete waiting on you :) and get well soon and congrats and on the new grandchild :)
not so old
Supreme Being

Post by not so old » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Oh! what a time of it you have had :( I heard the good news about the baby :D and the bad news about Sue's leg, :( but not all that other stuff. I hope all is back to normal soon and Sue get well soon. These zimmers aren't too bad when you get used to them...... Just keep the speed down and you will be OK, Sue. I hope all this bad luck will change very soon and hope to see you both in the warmer weather.

Anna XXX
Things always get better after they are worse
So it's good to make things worse as soon as possible!
Manny
Bongolier

Post by Manny » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi Pete & Sue, we are sorry to hear about all your unpleasant incidents but congratulations on your new addition to the family. Hope Sue recovers quickly. See you at the Southern Softies if you are going.

Manny & Pat
A Bongo by any other name would still drive as sweet.
TINCA TINCA

Post by TINCA TINCA » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi there.

Sorry for all the things that have happened but CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your granddaughter Ella. We have an Ella as well.....she will be 16 this year though :shock: :shock: Wondered why my old Mum used to keep saying "Doesn't time fly".......now I know what she meant :roll: :wink:

Spring is just around the corner......now is the time when you want TIME TO FLY isn't it? Take care.
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:09 am

Hello all,
Things are looking up. The central heating is back on line! :lol:
We had a bit of snow last night and today, about 3 - 4 inches. No gritting yet. :roll: Watched some of my neighbours drive out in what appeared to be 'Snow Cars', just a bit of clear windscreen, loads of snow on the roof and bonnet and obviously driving on autopilot. 8)
Good to hear from you,
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:24 am

Pete & Sue wrote:Hello all,
Things are looking up. The central heating is back on line! :lol:
We had a bit of snow last night and today, about 3 - 4 inches. No gritting yet. :roll: Watched some of my neighbours drive out in what appeared to be 'Snow Cars', just a bit of clear windscreen, loads of snow on the roof and bonnet and obviously driving on autopilot. 8)
Good to hear from you,
Lovely to hear from you guys - been wondering how you were. V. sorry to hear about Sue's leg and hope she is on the mend. Great news about a new addition to the clan. Hope the Bongo is sorted soon (mine's suffered a puncture too recently so looking a bit tatty with one alloy missing until I get it sorted). Glad the central heating is fixed - brrrrrrr - you don't want any of that mucking about in this weather :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:55 am

Hello Mike, things are improving. Sue is off to the Hospital 1 March to see how the bone is mending, or not, but keeping cheerful.
Glow plugs replaced today, just caught a few hours of sunshine; have to do any work on the driveway.
Hope that you and family are OK, look forward to seeing you this year somewhere on our travels.
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:51 pm

:shock: Crikey! just spotted this thread. What have I told you Pete [-X about letting Sue do that pole dancing trick after a couple of bottles of cherry brandy :wink:
"A fall in the snow" likely story #-o
On a serious note I do hope Sue is mending well and feeling much better, I'm looking forward to seeing you both again soon at the up and coming meets,
Oh! and congratulations on the new granddaughter Ella, has Sue drawn any pictures or made any models of her yet? 8)
Cheers for now CrAzY.
cheers! party on dudes.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Pete & Sue wrote:Hello Mike, things are improving. Sue is off to the Hospital 1 March to see how the bone is mending, or not, but keeping cheerful.
Glow plugs replaced today, just caught a few hours of sunshine; have to do any work on the driveway.
Hope that you and family are OK, look forward to seeing you this year somewhere on our travels.
Sorry or slow reply Pete and Sue - usual thing of forum software not showing me there was a new post :roll:

We're fine. I've a hernia to be fixed, bad shoulder, bad back, tooth that needs extracting but I'm in denial about that, and one foot is laming me. And cash is tight. But hey - we're fine :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, kids (almost grown up) are great, and we're getting along just fine. Hope to get out on some Bongo trips once I've had a quick Lee Majors done on my ageing body. Hope Sue continues to mend well.

Mike :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS - Oh and I think I'm suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. But I don't think anyones noticed that :^o :^o :^o
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Sorry for my excessively slow reply Mike :shock:

Sue is now on crutches and able to put pressure on the damaged hoof. She is almost leaping about! :^o

Everything was going along tickety-boo; mother-in-law still feisty and abusing us all! [-X On holiday in't Wirral and poor young Oscar was rushed to local hospital with Kawasaki's Disease; I daren't do the jokes :twisted: It affects the Lymph nodes and causes ruptures of the blood vessels.

Luckily after 4 different diagnoses a Doctor at A & E in Arrow Park recognised the symptoms and started treatment immediately. Within a few days he began to look so much better and after his first heart scan was declared well enough to go home. He is improving daily. :)

Ain't life grand! =D>

Look forward to seeing a load of you at the Southern Softies. :P :lol: :lol:
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:54 pm

Pete & Sue wrote:Sorry for my excessively slow reply Mike :shock:

Sue is now on crutches and able to put pressure on the damaged hoof. She is almost leaping about! :^o

Everything was going along tickety-boo; mother-in-law still feisty and abusing us all! [-X On holiday in't Wirral and poor young Oscar was rushed to local hospital with Kawasaki's Disease; I daren't do the jokes :twisted: It affects the Lymph nodes and causes ruptures of the blood vessels.

Luckily after 4 different diagnoses a Doctor at A & E in Arrow Park recognised the symptoms and started treatment immediately. Within a few days he began to look so much better and after his first heart scan was declared well enough to go home. He is improving daily. :)

Ain't life grand! =D>

Look forward to seeing a load of you at the Southern Softies. :P :lol: :lol:
Hi Pete. Was thinking of you both just yesterday (worrying really :? :lol: ). I'm recovering well from the hernia op. and v. glad to hear that Sue is recovering. Very glad too to hear that the medics caught and cured Oscars condition. Life is indeed (not) grand at times :roll:

I had really hoped to get down to the Southern Softies but the hernia op. put paid to planning that one - hey ho :(
Pete & Sue
Tribal Elder

Post by Pete & Sue » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Hello Mike,
So glad that op was OK. I know it will take a time to get back into form but it won't take you long. Hope to see you at some of the meets this year, perhaps the National Meet.
Keep well, from the both of us,
Pete & Sue

Turned out nice again!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:03 am

Pete & Sue wrote:Hello Mike,
So glad that op was OK. I know it will take a time to get back into form but it won't take you long. Hope to see you at some of the meets this year, perhaps the National Meet.
Keep well, from the both of us,
Yep - defo. planning to be at the Bash - see you there :D

Return to “London, Kent & Sussex”