where were you all going?

Moderator: Doone

stardust

where were you all going?

Post by stardust » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Whilst driving from Plymouth to Lands end then round the north coast last weekend, we saw no less than 24 Bongos. This was in sharp contrast to a week in Wales where we only saw 3. Why?
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Re: where were you all going?

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:55 pm

You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Kirsty beat me to it. Bongo Fest South West at Looe. 15 - 19 September. There are stragglers probably still on their way home :)

Cornwall and camper vans are a perfect match anyway. I spotted my first Bongo outside the Tate in St Ives, them spotted about twenty more in Newquay and realised what a brilliant idea they were.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:13 pm

There are a lot of us about!!! On the 3/4 mile walk to school, we see six (four going to my son's school, one going to the school next door and lately a very, very white new shape Bongo going somewhere or other!). I suppose it's seven if you count mine! On a normal 24 mile round trip in any of three directions (yep, everywhere is twelve miles from us), I can see anything up to 11.

See http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 39&t=51521

Conversely, I only saw two on the way to Looe and one on the way home :( but there were indeed a great many of us present both before, during and after the weekend.

I most sincerely hope whoever it was that you saw waved vigorously :D
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
nicstrike
Tribal Elder

Post by nicstrike » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:44 pm

i normally see at least 7 or 8 (not the same ones over and over) around the area on any given day. earlier in the year on a return trip to stafford i only saw 2 on the whole journey , once out of cornwall! per head of population we must have a very high percentage of bongo owners down here?

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”