Volunteer Required (Westbury, Wilts)

Moderators: Bob, westonwarrior

Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Volunteer Required (Westbury, Wilts)

Post by Ian » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:31 am

The next stage of this project involves working with Andy at AVA, as he has dealt with wheel arches before.

The Westbury firm are suggesting that there is no need to get Bongo wheel arches manufactured, instead it may be possible to use replacement panels from a Ford Transit (don't know which year). But they need to be cut in exactly the right place as they are slightly over-size. This is what JohnnieB had done on his van.

More details to follow as we have them.

ps there's a chilled bottle of Chardonnay waiting for Vicky in reception at the Bash :D
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
ronhud

Post by ronhud » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:53 am

Is this heading towards a point where we could ask our favourite Bongo garage (Wheelquick for example) to source the correcly cut panels and fit?

Ron
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:54 am

It is anticipated that we will keep a small stock at the Bongo Shop (and at AVA) which can be ordered by trade and/or members direct.
johnlee

Post by johnlee » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:18 pm

any update yet
the rust battle may yet be won. :roll:
Vicky007

Post by Vicky007 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:10 pm

Cheers Ian for the bottle of Chardanay that really did go down a treat with my nice BBQ whilst at the Bongo Bash oh and well done for a fanatastic bash can't wait till nxt yr!!
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:00 am

Thanks to Vicky, the Westbury firm have now identified the correct panel (from Malaysia apparantly) and the next part of the project is to send it to our nominated body shop for checks.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:59 pm

The pannel, or Vicky?
Scoobie

Relacement wheel arches

Post by Scoobie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Hi,
I have owned The Scoobie Van for 1 year and he really needs the back 2 wheel arches replaced - as described in this thread. I'm a girlie and need lots of advice on how I go about this :oops: :oops: :oops: I live in Newport, South wales and would love to hear if anyone can recommend a good body shop- I'm also very nervous getting replacement arches off e bay - as i don't know what I'm doing :oops: Any thoughts any one.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:48 pm

This thread may help with the technical side of it- http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... =3&t=33846
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Scoobie

Post by Scoobie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi,
thanks for responding :) I've read the thread- but still feel I'm out of my depth a bit. I'll probably start with my local spray shop and go from there

Cheers :)

missfixit70 wrote:Any responses to this one on this thread please - http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 27&t=33886 - to prevent confusion & duplication

Return to “Rest of the West”