Bongo parking bristol

Moderators: Bob, westonwarrior

egor617
Bongolier

Bongo parking bristol

Post by egor617 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:50 pm

Can anyone reccomend a car park near to the 02 in bristol i can fit a aft bongo?
Sar N Ade
Bongolier

Re: Bongo parking bristol

Post by Sar N Ade » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:12 pm

There are a lot of multi storey car parks (with height restrictions :evil: ) in that area.
You could try the open air car parks behind the Council House, between Brandon Street and St Georges Road. They are a bit tight and popular so fill up quickly.
If you don't mind a walk you could park near the Thekla (The Grove, near Queens Square), or if you feel very active and want to park for free you could try the roads around the Fleece (off Victoria Street, around St Thomas Street are), but that is a good few minutes walk away across the river and the city centre.

Have a look at these places on a Google map - you can see the cars parked there.

Enjoy your visit - I think Bristol is great :D

Sarah
Velocette
Supreme Being

Post by Velocette » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:57 pm

There is a multi story on the road that leads to Millenium Square and @Bristol, not the underground one which is 2M , the first one you come to from the roundabout on Hotwells Road. I have parked my AFT there and while the headroom was adequate I have to warn you that it is dingy, knee deep in litter and the stairwells stink of pee.
[url]http://germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/[/url]
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:35 am

Thanks for the reply's.
Last time i went to the 02 i parked in a multistory right behind it but pretty sure the bongo won't fit under the barrier.
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:06 pm

There is loads of parking around frogmore st but it depends on a bit of luck and what time of day.
I try the small streets between frogmore st and the back of the Hippodrome.
or go to the far end of frogmore st past the multi story and there are a couple of places up there if not free turn right and there are some down the hill, turn right again at the colston hall and your back on frogmore st
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:55 am

Free parking by the Cottage Inn, Cumberland Road. This is a council car park, not owned by the pub, so free to all.

Pleasent walk along the waterfront into town or ferry available.

They do close the gate onto the raod at night but access still open from the harbour side so I guess you could overnight there if you wanted, but do check for restrictions before blaming me. :wink:

Also pay and display at SS Great Britain, clearly signed on approach to city. Not sure of cost but a shorter waterside walk to centre.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:40 am

Bob wrote:Also pay and display at SS Great Britain, clearly signed on approach to city. Not sure of cost but a shorter waterside walk to centre.
I saw a Bongo in there only last Friday! There's also a bus stop serving that car park - don't know where the buses go but could be useful if it's wet (we were on the open top sightseeing bus :D ).

We went to Bristol on the train but I did a bit of research here http://www.bristol.gov.uk/item/wrap/Tra ... ndex.html# before planning our visit and making that decision.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:17 pm

If you pay and display in the ss great britain car park you may as well park on the road side on comercial road for free.
The bus station is a short walk from frogmore st too
splash2

Post by splash2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Sar N Ade wrote:...or if you feel very active and want to park for free you could try the roads around the Fleece (off Victoria Street, around St Thomas Street are), but that is a good few minutes walk away across the river and the city centre.
Isn't that are infested with parking meters now?

Return to “Rest of the West”