Team Muz Scotland tour 2010

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Team Muz Scotland tour 2010

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:12 pm

Oh, one more thing - we had the idea of going to Cape Wrath long before the Secret Britain lark on the BBC. I noticed they ended up at Kearvaig Bay with only a glimpse of the Cathedral, but there was some good library footage of the military use of the land.

That inflatable they were on to get over there is the MoD launch, the one we went on was the fibreglass public one which is why Mrs Muz stayed behind and read a book!

Notice they also went to Rannoch Moor and the Antonine Wall near Falkirk which we did last year, long before they thought of it :twisted:

I must say I was intrigued with the train journey to Corrour though, ideas for a future tour methinks :wink: :roll:
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Great journey Muz although I only travelled for one stop. The best part from Tulloch Station to Corrour Station which feels like you are in Switzerland. Courrour Station signal box was being used as a bunkhouse when I was last there about 15 years ago.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Post by kingbillybongo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:33 am

i know this is an old post,but sitting here in lowestoft with snow falling all around,i was browsing through.fantastic pics which,like others,bought back a lot of old and recent memorys.my familly originate from scotland,infact my grandfather was born in millport,isle of cumbrae,his sisters used to run a guest house in glasgow street.spend time in greenoch and port glasgow when i get chance.going to dunoon in feb 2011.cant wait.thanks 4 that.got me all excited about going back again. :D :D :D
[color=#0000BF]billybongofreedom[/color]
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm

Glad you enjoyed, Cumbrae was a lovely island. We stayed on Cardiff Street, just around the corner from where your folks would have lived :wink:
kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Post by kingbillybongo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:30 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Glad you enjoyed, Cumbrae was a lovely island. We stayed on Cardiff Street, just around the corner from where your folks would have lived :wink:
thanks again,great pics. =D>
[color=#0000BF]billybongofreedom[/color]
flossie
Tribal Elder

Post by flossie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi there ... just seen this pics for the first time - stunning!! I am planning to take my 81 yr old Dad on a Scottish tour next Spring possibly on the after Easter break and this has given me some superb ideas. My cousin lives in Hopeman near Elgin, Morayshire so we will certainly be taking that coastline in as well!! Thanks again for some great ideas and sharing your 'secret Scotland' :D :D
Liz
'99 V6 White over Silver - as yet unconverted but I may be converted!
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:07 pm

flossie wrote:Hi there ... just seen this pics for the first time - stunning!! I am planning to take my 81 yr old Dad on a Scottish tour next Spring possibly on the after Easter break and this has given me some superb ideas. My cousin lives in Hopeman near Elgin, Morayshire so we will certainly be taking that coastline in as well!! Thanks again for some great ideas and sharing your 'secret Scotland' :D :D
Check out this thread as well, there's a few more ideas there..... :wink:

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 37&t=34038
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:51 pm

If I may be so bold as to offer a couple of my own humble tales of trips North Of The Border . . . .

http://www.travelblog.org/Europe/United ... 59151.html

http://www.travelblog.org/Europe/United ... 68409.html

That lot should keep you busy for a few months!!

:D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi Muz, Thought you would like to know that Edinburgh university did massive research into midges and have come up with a waterproof repellent that has no DEET in it. It is called Smidge and hopefully will be on sale in most midge infested areas. They also sell it online with some impressive photos ofits efficacy. I will be getting mine next year as I am a midge magnet.
Also Midges do not like a wind of more that five miles an hour. so those little battery operated fans could be quite effective in keep ing them off you when you are sitting still.
O~h for a midge free holiday
Chrissy
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Bongopoet wrote:Hi Muz, Thought you would like to know that Edinburgh university did massive research into midges and have come up with a waterproof repellent that has no DEET in it. It is called Smidge and hopefully will be on sale in most midge infested areas. They also sell it online with some impressive photos ofits efficacy. I will be getting mine next year as I am a midge magnet.
Also Midges do not like a wind of more that five miles an hour. so those little battery operated fans could be quite effective in keep ing them off you when you are sitting still.
O~h for a midge free holiday
Chrissy
Interesting, very interesting :wink:
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Muzette was looking forward to giving a spiffing rendition of an Andy Stewart number :? :twisted:
[-X Muzette!!!!

:lol:
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”