Provisional Venues for 2016

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Re: Provisional Venues for 2016

Post by MountainGoat » Thu May 07, 2015 1:10 pm

Might need to have a Bongo humanitarian run to help feed them ?
All freebees gratefully received especially Bongo parts for current Bongo owners.
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
marionw
Bongolier

Post by marionw » Thu May 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi Ian,

I realise that this would potentially mean more work for you all, but even though the sites you choose are always great, I personally would like for the meets to be held at different sites so that there are new places to explore and visit.

Just a thought.

Marion :?
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:28 pm

marionw wrote:Hi Ian,

I realise that this would potentially mean more work for you all, but even though the sites you choose are always great, I personally would like for the meets to be held at different sites so that there are new places to explore and visit.

Just a thought.

Marion :?
The problem with that is that it's not easy finding sites that can/will take large rallies :(
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Cab-ova pete
Bongolier

Post by Cab-ova pete » Thu May 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Anything on there for entertaining kids(forest fields)?
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Sat May 09, 2015 8:49 pm

Cab-ova pete wrote:Anything on there for entertaining kids(forest fields)?
Ooh, let me think: water, stream, fishing, boating, swimming - you know the old fashioned type of things!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Cab-ova pete
Bongolier

Post by Cab-ova pete » Sat May 09, 2015 11:31 pm

Hi jillygumbo, I suppose I should have stated they're age, I had a quick look on google after I posted the question and I only saw what you have put, water,biking,fishing,etc? I just wondered if there was a children's play area as I never saw one mentioned although I haven't read the whole webpage! I dont take them all the time although they love it getting out :D they just wear me down! :? I have 11 grandkids and as one lot go home another lot turn up :shock: and then the kids want a piece of you aswell #-o anyway enuff of my moaning :lol:
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Sun May 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Cab-ova pete wrote:Hi jillygumbo, I suppose I should have stated they're age, I had a quick look on google after I posted the question and I only saw what you have put, water,biking,fishing,etc? I just wondered if there was a children's play area as I never saw one mentioned although I haven't read the whole webpage! I dont take them all the time although they love it getting out :D they just wear me down! :? I have 11 grandkids and as one lot go home another lot turn up :shock: and then the kids want a piece of you aswell #-o anyway enuff of my moaning :lol:
I don't think there was one.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sun May 10, 2015 3:36 pm

marionw wrote:Hi Ian, I realise that this would potentially mean more work for you all, but even though the sites you choose are always great, I personally would like for the meets to be held at different sites so that there are new places to explore and visit. Marion :
Reading you loud and clear Marion. This is a provisional list. Sandyballs was an excellent site, but we will only go back if we can negotiate the correct rate. I have Ringwood as a back up. Barmouth have given us a significant discount for a return visit, and there's plenty of new things to explore nearby. Stourport & Looe are booked for the next 2 to 3 years. We haven't been to Kings Lynn for a number of years, and again, we have got very cheap rates for high season. Hope Valley will be a new site, but we haven't discussed prices yet.
Cab-ova pete wrote:Anything on there for entertaining kids(forest fields)?
Sandyballs (and Ringwood) have loads of kids activities, Barmouth & Stourport have kids playgrounds, Looe has beaches nearby, Hope Valley has kids adventure sports.

We haven't ruled out Scotland altogether, it's just a question of finding a decent venue that fits in with overall schedule. Isle of Arran is being investigated by a local member......
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun May 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Key to all this, for us anyway, is plenty of advanced notice as we have to work within school holidays, works holidays and any outrageous Muz Tours in planning. Already we have part of 2016 booked so the earlier the better for planning purposes :wink:
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Sun May 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Almost £50 for the ferry to Arran before you start so the campsite had better be cheap, Arran is a great place to visit but the ferry costs may put a lot of people off. It's midge central in the height of summer, so would probably need to be a May meet. We would be up for it no problem as we love Arran, but surely there are plenty of cracking sites on the Scottish mainland without incurring ferry costs.
Muzz and Matt (driver and passengers) should advise on some decent sites as they seem to have visited most corners of Scotland.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun May 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Jim the Box wrote:Almost £50 for the ferry to Arran before you start so the campsite had better be cheap, Arran is a great place to visit but the ferry costs may put a lot of people off. It's midge central in the height of summer, so would probably need to be a May meet. We would be up for it no problem as we love Arran, but surely there are plenty of cracking sites on the Scottish mainland without incurring ferry costs.
Muzz and Matt (driver and passengers) should advise on some decent sites as they seem to have visited most corners of Scotland.
We love Caledonia but most of our camping has been wild. The site at Oban was good though and the Dunvegan site on Skye but I don't know about any block bookings.
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Mon May 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Thanks Muz, I'm sure Ian did mention Oban as an option at one time but as you say block booking may have been a problem, Oban in May not a problem with midges, but June /August could be a bit different. Like yourselves we don't use sites that much, the only time we use them is if there is a meet on.
Mainly pub car parks or near local swimming pools are pretty normal for us.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
Kateshepherd
Bongonaut

Post by Kateshepherd » Thu May 14, 2015 4:03 pm

we'd be up for joining you at kings lynn and Derbyshire meets if that's okay?

P.s - there's a growing community of us in the East midlands/Nottingham hood country, am just about to post about our next meet on 25 july

look forward to seeing you again soon

Kate
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Sun May 17, 2015 8:05 pm

How about Leekworth caravan park in Middleton In Teesdale for Tough Northerners Bash next year. They have a rally field perfect for Bongos, lovely walk into a lovely town. Plus they used my Bongo on their video, and it's me and the kids near the river. Fame at last.

http://www.caravancampingteesdale.co.uk/
Do what you like.Like what you do.
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Sun May 17, 2015 8:08 pm

Ian wrote:We may not have a Scottish Bongo meeting next year. They are under subscribed.
What about a Scottish Bash in the Borders again, so it attracts some of the Southerners North of the border. It was good last year.
Do what you like.Like what you do.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”