Mad as a March Hare 6 - 8 March 2020 Tuckers Grave

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Mad as a March Hare 6 - 8 March 2020 Tuckers Grave

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:45 am

UPDATE – The bottom campsite is a no go area – it’s too wet. We can use the top camping field to the side of the pub and/or the rear of the car park. Access to the top field: turn into the pub car park off the lane to Hassage, turn immediate left, then right to go behind the barn on the hardstanding track, turn right at the end of the barn, through the gateway, along the track and park next to the roadway, at right angles to it I guess to fit more in. Stay close to the track. If you choose to park in the car park, please use the area furthest from the pub but remember to leave room for vehicles to drive behind the barn. As there’s quite a few people booked in, please park close together (cosier that way). Four wheel drives please use the field if possible to leave more room in the car park. More rain is forecast for this weekend oh joy! Report to the pub and pay up as soon as you can.

Good news! The skittles room has been booked for our group for the Saturday evening, with a log burner. Remember the only food at Tucker’s Grave Inn are a few pasties, until they run out, crisps and nuts. On the upside they have cracking cider! Opening times Friday to Sunday 12 – 11. The pub is dog friendly but very small.

The Ladies toilets have moved and there’s 2 now, plus the old Ladies which will be a disabled toilet when finished. The toilets are open 24 hours. There are 2 water taps but no chemical toilet disposal facility. The camping price is £5 per person, not unit (including the car park). Alcohol purchased elsewhere may be consumed on the campsite, but not the car park (according to the rules). Dogs on leads at all times please and pick up poop. Please take your rubbish home with you.

The Faulkland Inn is Open for drinks and hot food! www.thefaulklandinn.pub. Although the Friday/Saturday times are 12 – 2:30, 5 – 11, Sunday 12 – 6, they say they will stay open if there are people in the pub. Phone ahead to book a table if you want to. Roast dinner available on Sunday. Small car park. 1 mile walk along quiet lane mostly but may be wet!

I have some walking routes that I’ll print out if I can. The footpaths and bridleways are pretty much a no – unless you like wading through deep mud (I didn’t even attempt these). More pubs in Norton St Philip and Wellow.

See you on Friday.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:26 pm

Very thorough update, thanks Jilly.

Gordon and Jill will likely join us for lunch on Saturday so I'll contact them once we decide where to go.

Great news the Faulkland Inn has re-opened, thought that was another one lost for ever.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:20 am

I should be there about 12.00.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. 8)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:32 pm

Just back at Panda Towers, this had to be one of the best Meets. :D

Big thankyou to Jilly for organising, big thankyou to all the crowd for making it such fun, and big thankyou to Jo and the team at Tuckers for their great welcome. 8)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:09 pm

Bob wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:32 pm Just back at Panda Towers, this had to be one of the best Meets. :D

Big thankyou to Jilly for organising, big thankyou to all the crowd for making it such fun, and big thankyou to Jo and the team at Tuckers for their great welcome. 8)
Really great to hear that Bob and sorry we don't make these meets - with you in spirit(s) :shock: :lol:
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:35 pm

It was an excellent meet all round. Baz and I stayed on Sunday night and I visited Stoney Littleton Long Barrow on the Monday morning. Excellent! Still can't upload photos.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”