Tough Northerners Venue 2022

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Ian
Supreme Being

Tough Northerners Venue 2022

Post by Ian » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:10 pm

This meeting is scheduled for 14th to 17th July 2022 and was originally to be held at the Grouse Hill site near Whitby. They confirmed dates with me earlier in the year and told me to contact them again in Octobe for rally prices for next year. Which I did.

Last time we stayed (2019) the price was a very reasonable £19 per night including hook up. For next year they are charging £27 plus supplements for awnings, utility tents and dogs. In our particular instance it would come to £36 per night.

This is too much, so I have informed the campsite we will be looking for a different venue. If anyone has any suggestions get in touch.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Re: Tough Northerners Venue 2022

Post by Hazzobongo » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:05 pm

Just been on their website they're no longer accepting any group bookings and have extra tariffs for just about everything, looks like they were trying to deter groups even when you were in touch. The trouble with Yorkshire sites is they all think they're something special once they chuck a pod or two up and call it 'glamping'.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:22 pm

Not every Yorkshire site though! We have rebooked this event for Oxenhope, near Keighley. 3 nights for £82.50 including hook up.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Post by Hazzobongo » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:08 pm

Obviously not, we've been thinking of just trying out the van here for an overnighter and they're all coming up around 25 quid. I've had caravans prior to buying this and never had to fork out almost 40 quid a night for the pleasure of parking up, thats probably the reason the parking at Sandsend on Whitby's periferals was chocking block with camper vans last week when I went there for a night out.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”