Bongo Bleeding Solution?

Stuff about the website, the forum and club administration.

Moderator: Ian

Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Bleeding Solution?

Post by Bob » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:27 pm

This indeed looks wonderful. =D> =D> =D>
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:17 pm

rustyp wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:39 am Hi Mike, in my previous Bongo I had rusty water stains in the cab from spurting boiling water!!!

Firstly I can say in practice it works, a couple days after filling and bleeding I was on a drive and thought I would try the valve, the engine was hot, I heard a tiny bubbly "burp" there was a little bit of air still trapped in the system probably worked its way up from the rear heater matrix, without this system it would probably been the case that this little bit of air wouldn't have been purged.

The valve/pipe stays cold but when turned for bleeding the pipe gets hot due to the coolant flow (I will cover in pipe lagging).

Because the header tank is at the highest point, my easy bleed pipe slopes up towards the header tank then that is where the air travels to. Also the air in the engine is hot and expands (high pressure) and migrates to the cooler (low pressure) area being the header tank.

I have considered putting together a kit consisting of a length of 10mm coolant hose, a valve, a T-piece, jubilee clips, grommets and pipe lagging with detailed instructions including where to drill the 2 holes etc. (one in metal, one in plastic). It would be quite low cost.

How did you get on with your Kits?
rustyp
Bongolier

Post by rustyp » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Hello there, I have a couple kits ready to post, £30 including postage. Been running mine since August (Bongo is my daily/only car) and it works great, been leaving mine in the open position so it bleeds at any time.

Was going to be launching in the new year, got a Facebook page "Performance Bongo" so will put more info on there. :)

I've also been reworking inlet and exhaust manifolds for extra flow/performance and the egr system removed :)
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:03 pm

Well done =D> =D> =D> =D>
cutlass
Bongolier

Post by cutlass » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:06 pm

"I've also been reworking inlet and exhaust manifolds for extra flow/performance" - what you do?
rustyp
Bongolier

Post by rustyp » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:43 pm

cutlass wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:06 pm "I've also been reworking inlet and exhaust manifolds for extra flow/performance" - what you do?
Hello Cutlass, in short........ I make the inlet manifold flow more air into the engine and I make the exhaust manifold flow more exhaust and help the turbo spin-up better all of which helps improve performance.

Now the long explanation....... I rework parts of engines for better performance, for example I will working on the engine for a Citroen C4 rally car soon including a sponsorship deal :D

Basically inside the exhaust manifold there is a lot of rough ridges, sharp turns and the internal shape isn't conducive for good exhaust flow. I reshape the insides to suit, take it back to clean metal and apply a high temp heat reflective internal coating. On the outside I make 3 expansion slots between the exhaust ports to help prevent the Bongo exhaust manifold's Achilles heel of warping, leaking and snapping the number one exhaust stud. I also blank off the EGR take off and paint the outside of the manifold.

On the inlet manifold I clean out all the EGR goo, open out the runners to match the ports in the head, blank off the EGR and smooth off the elbow bend all for better flow. I have a mk2 version in the pipeline, need to test it out first.

I also advise of a few tuning tweaks to suit.
cutlass
Bongolier

Post by cutlass » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:17 pm

thank! i do "porting" on my bongo many years ago -its not give more effect :( ...now - try install turbo from bongo after 2003( more pressure) year and liquid intercooler// viewtopic.php?f=3&t=74250&start=30 and look viewtopic.php?f=3&t=74229&start=45
rustyp
Bongolier

Post by rustyp » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:09 am

I ported the heads on my present Bongo and my last one as well as the manifolds. It has made a noticeable difference, the torque comes in sooner and more pulling power.

I too have developed an air/water intercooler but haven't fitted it yet.

I also have another turbo to fit, a variable vane turbo from a Ford Ranger TDCi which should be far more efficient.
Merlot man
Bongolier

Post by Merlot man » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Hello Russ , good to hear from you again here .
Just to let people know that I'm the proud owner of both those manifolds and bleed kit , I think I might be one of russ'es first customers :D
I have been waiting on thermal gaskets to fit with these for a month now but they are lost it the post either on this side of the royal mail side , last I heard they where in malta :shock: but when I do get to fit them ill be sure to report the results , I've already fitted a front mounted intercooler and a k&n filter on the passenger side, both of which I feel have made small improvements to performance .
The ranger's modern turbo sounds very interesting Russ so please keep us informed of all developments there [-o<
Brian
cutlass
Bongolier

Post by cutlass » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:36 pm

"turbo from ford" need reinstall ECU,,, it is wery hard way :(
rustyp
Bongolier

Post by rustyp » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:09 pm

I have researched a way where the Ford Ranger turbo can be fitted and run without an ECU :wink:
cutlass
Bongolier

Post by cutlass » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:58 pm

rustyp
Bongolier

Post by rustyp » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:07 am

I was talking to someone who fitted a wastegate actuator to actuate the variable vane in a variable vane turbo. The spring in the actuator would need to be the right strength to give you the boost pressure you want. When the boost pressure increases past the desired amount the actuator will operate the variable vane. Basically it acts as a closed loop circuit.

The actuator would need to be mounted from below instead of above as it pushes instead of pulling like the ecu vacuum control does.

I need to fit the mounts to mount the actuator below the turbo (I have an aftermarket adjustable one) and adapt the downpipe to fit to the turbo (a little too long) then I would need to drill a stud hole in the manifold and fit a Subaru turbo oil feed pipe! Quite simple really, none of those parts you have listed are needed! 😉

Have a look at a ranger TDCi turbo and you will see what I mean 😊
cutlass
Bongolier

Post by cutlass » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:34 am

I try talk about that way in my top message..turbo kit without ECU...it that link viewtopic.php?f=3&t=74250&start=30
cutlass
Bongolier

Post by cutlass » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:30 pm

it turbo dont will be work right without ECU!!!!!! https://www.dencodiesel.com/collections ... mazda-bt50

i dont undestand - about what type turbo we talk? Variable-Vane Turbine (Variable-Turbine Geometry (VTG)) dont use Wastegate for work - it different type turbocharger https://www.cummins.com/components/turb ... bochargers

Return to “Admin & Club Matters”