Bongo Brawny Info & Service manual

For all owners and afficionados of Mazda Bongo Friendees and Ford Fredas based outside of UK or Ireland.

Moderators: helen&tony, Ian

Crazy Dan
Apprentice Bongonaut

Bongo Brawny Info & Service manual

Post by Crazy Dan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:06 pm

Greetings all,

I just got a Bongo Brawny Diesel Engine and manual 4wd transmission that I intend to use in a street rod.

So, I have been looking for more information on the package. To my surprise, I am coming to a brick wall. The engine is a Japanese import. Since I am using it in a kit car, some particulars are not important. But I do need to know the year of the package. In the USA, this is usually derived from the VIN, and Model. Mine has a VIN of: SKF6M-100851. The original Model was: KR-SKF6M. However all over the engine, there is the coding of: RF6C.

And to make things even more interesting, I would like to replace the 4wd manual tranny for a 2wd/Rwd automatic tranny. This is because the kitcar is a classic 2wd Ford pickup with a dropped front axle. There is no way to make it 4wd, nor would I want to. I have been told from a mate in Australia, that there was an automatic, 2wd version made, but again, I need to know what year this engine is to get the correct tranny.

So, At this point, I need a year, (2002-2006 I presume), a 2.0 and/or 2.2 Turbo Diesel service manual, a throttle pedal sender and pigtail (for wire matching), and a list of possible automatic trannies that would fit. Please, if anybody can help with any or all of the list, it would be greatly appreciated.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Brawny Info & Service manual

Post by Bob » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:35 pm

Hi Dan.

Welcome to BF. 8)

I'm not sure if anyone on here will have that info, but we do have some pretty good techie types so you might be lucky.

You are most welcome, but we normally deal with the Mazda Bongo Friendee wich seems quite a different beast.

That said, do stick around and enjoy the Forum. :)
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Brawny Info & Service manual

Post by Ian » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:48 am

Dan, can't help on your specific issue but here are a few pointers.

1) If you go to this Russian website you will find the parts catalog for your Brawny: http://mazda.epcdata.ru/
2) If you email Justin at Singapore based www.amayama.com he may be able to help. Tell him Ian @ Bongo Fury sent you.
3) Buried deep on Wikipedia there is lots of information about Mazda engines.

Let us know how you get on.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.

Return to “International”