Replaced my lights today heres the new look

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

redalan1971
Bongonaut

Replaced my lights today heres the new look

Post by redalan1971 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:47 pm

redalan1971
Bongonaut

Re: Replaced my lights today heres the new look

Post by redalan1971 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Forgot to say they are adjustable from rhd to lhd by just moving a lever down on each light.
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:13 pm

thats good that is

what lights did you use?
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Quality!!! 8)
westonwarrior wrote:thats good that is

what lights did you use?
Echo..... :wink:

Any chance of pics of the fittings "under bonnet"..? [-o< :mrgreen:
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:59 pm

I like the grill have you just cut the original? 8)
Do what you like.Like what you do.
lpgimports
Bongolier

Post by lpgimports » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 pm

BMW???
redalan1971
Bongonaut

Post by redalan1971 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:16 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTRA-F-MK3-9 ... 335cabe7a2

Very good quality comes complete with a wiring loom to connect them up complete with 3 relays and fuses inline all as part of the loom.
i fitted them by using the old lights sides and screwing them to the new ones then i filled the gaps in with chemical metal. that way the bracket was there for the side lights and the grills.
my old lights were really shot and lenses crazed so i didn't mind cutting them up as they were useless.
The grill was with the van when i got it and i assume is part of the mazdaspeed bodykit.
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:52 pm

I like it. It was done a few years back with, yes BMW lights, but the angel eyes weren't around. It really add to the look thou
The Janner Vanner
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:15 pm

redalan1971 wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTRA-F-MK3-9 ... 335cabe7a2

Very good quality comes complete with a wiring loom to connect them up complete with 3 relays and fuses inline all as part of the loom.
i fitted them by using the old lights sides and screwing them to the new ones then i filled the gaps in with chemical metal. that way the bracket was there for the side lights and the grills.
my old lights were really shot and lenses crazed so i didn't mind cutting them up as they were useless.
The grill was with the van when i got it and i assume is part of the mazdaspeed bodykit.
Don't let the Ebay seller know they fit Bongos or the price will treble.
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:07 am

They fit really well but the sidelight pic looks iffy.
To infinity and beyond
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:27 pm

Excellent.
The RHD/LHD lever could solve a lot of problems. Do you know if it actually alters the beam pattern or does it just flatten the dip beam for use abroad. My Octavia has a similar feature but all it does is flatten the dip beam.
If it does alter the beam pattern it would be the answer for peeps on here trying to get Bongos registered abroad.
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:14 pm

briwy wrote:Excellent.
The RHD/LHD lever could solve a lot of problems. Do you know if it actually alters the beam pattern or does it just flatten the dip beam for use abroad. My Octavia has a similar feature but all it does is flatten the dip beam.
If it does alter the beam pattern it would be the answer for peeps on here trying to get Bongos registered abroad.
So far as I know flattening the dip beam is all that is required for LHD, I'm sure I read somewhere that most LHD lights just dip up and down.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi
Many countries require the lights to dip right, as British Isles require dip to the left. Germany is happy to dip the lights centrally, namely just to lower the beam in line, as long as the dipped beam stays within the lane markings , but be aware this is NOT a ruling across Europe. IF you are stopped in Europe, as the car is Right Hand Drive, and you have no beam deflector, you'd be well advised to check whether the lights carry identification to DEFINITELY show they are EU compliant for the country you are travelling in....believe me, the regs. are a minefield...You might just be advised to stick a beam bender set on anyway, to avoid inspection, as if you do come across a "jobsworth" policeman abroad...your Bongo rear lights ARE NOT "E" marked, and thus illegal...but in all fairness, I've driven a lot of Europe, and NEVER come across police that are impolite, or hell bent on terrorising tourists.
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
maxi_77
Bongolier

Post by maxi_77 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:47 pm

scanner wrote:
briwy wrote:Excellent.
So far as I know flattening the dip beam is all that is required for LHD, I'm sure I read somewhere that most LHD lights just dip up and down.

There are a lot of variations on what is required for dipping in various countries. If you want to be registered here in Portugal you need the full LHD dip patern including the kick up so just flattening will not get you through. I believe it is the same in Spain and Germany. Of course if the car is still on UK plates then flattening is OK.

Interestingly these are for the same model of car my LHD light units are from the early 90s Astra F. Mind you my light units cost quite a bit less.
White diesel Bongo
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi Maxi..
As I stated above...Germany have been quite happy with a straight dipping when re-registering...and as I said, everywhere is different. In some testing stations here they are fussy about the headlamp lens itself regarding prismatic patterns...others...none too fussy....
Did you have any trouble with your VIN plate, by the way...???...as it's a sticker on the Bongo, they weren't going to accept it here....but given the body number stamped under the windscreen, they finally accepted it.... :evil:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”