Auto closing mirrors

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Tim B
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Auto closing mirrors

Post by Tim B » Sun May 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Did mine using the same kit really pleased with the result cheap and easy mod
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi,

About 8 years ago I took a window closure module & bit off more than I could chew successfully getting the mirrors to fold on locking on my old 95 plate...

So I took a punt on the unit featured in the original post & just fitted it to my recently aquired 02 Aero

Any how.. Looking at the instructions posted on here. Lol there are 8 wires not "9"..

Yes, red is permanent live & black is ground. (So far so good.) using a 10amp fuse inline with the feed..

Then this is where it got "contraire" realy sorry guys!!

Armed with my meter every step of the way & following the sketchy paper instructions with the unit.

White was ACC..
Yellow went to the locking "arm" pulse wire for an aftermarket alarm on this fresh Jap import with factory fitted remote CL.. (Even with the alarm unplugged the remote CL still functions on mine..

So.. That's 4 wires connected so far....

The other four??

Lol. Well yeah..
Orange did go to green/white stripe. But switch side.
Brown went to green/white stripe. Again switch side.

Leaving the blue & green..

Green went "cable" (or loom side.) to the green/white stripe wire.
Blue went loom side to the green/white stripe wire.

& I only blew one 10amp fuse when I accidentally grounded the green wire wile checking the others with the meter..

Good find. & unlike 8 years back, I didn't need to modify the window closure unit with extra relays & fuses..

As with my old 95 plate. They fold on locking & open when starting the vehicle..
The switch works as normal with the ACC on.
Nice & smooth.. Cheers!
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:14 pm

jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:47 am

Lol, yeah.. I remember the headache, a lot of burned fuses & patching up the PCB in the mirror switch..

But, I did achieve that "refinement"!

By using a switched bridge between the open & closing circuit when the ACC is off, with a relay & a fuse.. It took a lot of head scratching.. :D
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:34 pm

i had remembered your original thread from all those years ago and was impressed then, mind you you are the original mad lecky bongo chap that was around messing with bongo's when geoff was still wearing short pants. come to think about it, geoff still wears short pants :) :lol:
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Reckons he can be cheeky now he doesn't own a Bongo!
:lol:
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:43 pm

:lol: :lol:
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:56 pm

Northern Bongolow wrote:i had remembered your original thread from all those years ago and was impressed then, mind you you are the original mad lecky bongo chap that was around messing with bongo's when geoff was still wearing short pants. come to think about it, geoff still wears short pants :) :lol:
Geoff's patients has "bailed" me out a few times when I've called on his expertise..
It's always been fun learning..! 8)
Winnie-bongo
Bongonaut

Post by Winnie-bongo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:35 am

Having just fitted a mirror folding module and having had problems I thought I would put a warning up for anyone searching.
I found the auto mirror folding module won't work if you have a swap loom that enables the mirrors to be opened and closed without the key in the ignition. Took me far to long to realise the mirror folding switch was overriding the closure module 🤔 but then cutting the blue power wire to the mirror switch and connecting it to an ignition switched supply fixed it.

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”