Front seat covers !

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Re: Front seat covers !

Post by yorkshirelass » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:48 pm

Thanks Doone, just had a quick look, but I dare not risk it to be honest. I’m hopefully off to halfords tomorrow to see their heated seats, which would double up as covering the old grey ones as well as keeping my bum warm !! Cheers !?,
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:23 pm

yorkshirelass wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:48 pm Thanks Doone, just had a quick look, but I dare not risk it to be honest. I’m hopefully off to halfords tomorrow to see their heated seats, which would double up as covering the old grey ones as well as keeping my bum warm !! Cheers !?,
Sensible Pam. In the absence of reliable reviews you have to be wary of something for a tenner posted!
Tessie
Bongolier

Post by Tessie » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:18 pm

Here you go Pam, if you didn't get the heated ones from Halfords. At Lidl from Thursday 10 Jan, car stuff including seat covers. Looks like only black or grey combinations of colours but at £14.99 might push you on a until you can source some that are more what you want. There is a link on there so you can sign up to get their regular newsletter too.
Never run out of road, traction and ideas at the same time.
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:27 am

Thank you Tessie for the info, I have now bought some covers from halfords...in blue to match my van. HAd to buy the full set ! But at £30 I’m not bothered and they have a bit of cushioning too. Might still get a heated seat ?? Problem solved ....for now!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:41 am

yorkshirelass wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:27 am Thank you Tessie for the info, I have now bought some covers from halfords...in blue to match my van. HAd to buy the full set ! But at £30 I’m not bothered and they have a bit of cushioning too. Might still get a heated seat ?? Problem solved ....for now!
Excellent. I can really recommend a heated seat for aged backs esp on long trips. I found a matching pair (from different sellers) of unused Woolworths ones on ebay a few years back - good enough quality and total cost around £20. No returns policy of course :lol:
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Am having huge back probs , and having an mri scan on wed, so now the prettybits sorted ( when I manage to fit then !) I shall go back to halfords for a heated seat. ...the heat plus padding must surely help. I wish I’d listened to you ages ago re these seats....just getting l@zy in my old age , but the suffering has to be alleviated...at the very least. Otherwise I’m fine etc...hope you are too love ? Again , my thanks for re...reminding me ! Xx
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:49 pm

yorkshirelass wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:08 pm Am having huge back probs , and having an mri scan on wed, so now the prettybits sorted ( when I manage to fit then !) I shall go back to halfords for a heated seat. ...the heat plus padding must surely help. I wish I’d listened to you ages ago re these seats....just getting l@zy in my old age , but the suffering has to be alleviated...at the very least. Otherwise I’m fine etc...hope you are too love ? Again , my thanks for re...reminding me ! Xx
All good here Pam though ageing similarly! Having a lovely but sedentary time learning to make records on a home studio. Really pleased with the quality I'm getting, and love making the music. If you're interested, i'm putting them on my website in the Me Myself and Others section (along with the stuff me and Daymo used to do at Bongo meets) at www.built4comfort.co.uk

Hope you get the back issues sorted. A heated seat could do no harm!

Mike x
Tessie
Bongolier

Post by Tessie » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:41 pm

Tessie wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:18 pm Here you go Pam, if you didn't get the heated ones from Halfords. At Lidl from Thursday 10 Jan, car stuff including seat covers. Looks like only black or grey combinations of colours but at £14.99 might push you on a until you can source some that are more what you want. There is a link on there so you can sign up to get their regular newsletter too.
Just realised I didn't actually put the link on my post :oops: . Here it is ..........I hope :roll:

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLidl. ... 889&week=2
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi mike, well we’ll well...didn’t know you were part of the larger music scene! Your online site and music f
Have given me a good sense of your background love. Bet you had just great times !., so pleased you are still writing and making music in your home studio....so exciting for you! Beats going down the bingo hall 😂😂😂😂😂 it’s wonderful to find something you love to do and have the ime too...keep at it 👏👏👏👏👏
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:07 pm

Thanks again Tessie,now bought the ones from halfords love...they look good too, so well pleased.
Tessie
Bongolier

Post by Tessie » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi Pam, You did say you had bought some covers from Halfords but I sent the link, which I had forgotten to attach to my previous post, so you could register to receive Lidl's email newsletters if you wanted to. That way you know beforehand what is coming up for sale and can get there before the car park is full of VW campers, or do they only shop at places like Waitrose? :roll:
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:45 pm

Hi Tessie, thanks to you I now know I can look any offers up online,,,I didn’t know that before......all good now love.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:12 pm

yorkshirelass wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:05 pm Hi mike, well we’ll well...didn’t know you were part of the larger music scene! Your online site and music f
Have given me a good sense of your background love. Bet you had just great times !., so pleased you are still writing and making music in your home studio....so exciting for you! Beats going down the bingo hall 😂😂😂😂😂 it’s wonderful to find something you love to do and have the ime too...keep at it 👏👏👏👏👏
Spot on Pam. Great memories of that singular experience, and I got out alive! Never too old to rock and roll, just lower the tempo and the pitch a bit (well a lot!) ha ha xxx
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:22 pm

Rocking and rolling !!!...I’ve been a jiver most of my life...there’s nothing like it, even in my folky years still loved rock n roll. Only two years ago I was jiving in my kitchen ...holding onto a door handle !. Seems ages now, recently checked online to see if anything fairly local was playing, but no. Seems only in wm clubs etc, and non around here. Ah well ... things change and I now realise I could possibly manage one jive...with difficulty and much enthusium!!! You...keep doing what you are doing .mike,...making music for the rest of us to enjoy love. Good on yer xx
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:24 pm

Will do Pam, audience or no! Cant work up enthusiasm or energy for doing gigs but love arranging and recording.

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”