Swivelling Bench Seat from Northstar Conversions

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: Swivelling Bench Seat from Northstar Conversions

Post by Bongolia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:14 am

the1andonly wrote:I suggest you contact Northstar if they still do it
no longer on their web site
a few years back it was about £5-600 from one receipt i seen
as I said on other post you cannot turn it at the back
Maybe crash testing certification issues?
Yan
Bongonaut

Post by Yan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:26 pm

I can see the swivel seat on their site here - http://www.northstarconversions.co.uk/e ... wivel-seat

We have one of these and it's so handy. We have a rear conversion so we can swivel the seat round and all sit round the table in the middle.

cheers!
goons
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by goons » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:12 am

Yan wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:26 pm I can see the swivel seat on their site here - http://www.northstarconversions.co.uk/e ... wivel-seat

We have one of these and it's so handy. We have a rear conversion so we can swivel the seat round and all sit round the table in the middle.

cheers!
Can it swivel without removing the wheel arch seats?
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:09 am

As stated further up the thread the box seats/storage needs to come out, easy except if full of gear that are not in bags.
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent
nth
Bongolier

Post by nth » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:48 am

My advice to anyone about the swivel rear seat is if you don't need a forward facing seat for child seats etc just keep the original seat permanently reversed. The seat is good if you need to have if forward facing when moving but the downsides are-
You loose a bit of storage space underneath the seat due to the mechanism, there's about enough room to slide a laptop under.
Its a swivel mount that's designed for a single seat but fitted in the middle of the bench seat so it can feel a bit wobbly.
It can be quite noisy/clunky when traveling, especially if the seat is unoccupied.
Yes you have to take the rear boxes out to allow it to swivel, I just line mine with those Ikea bags so you can just lift everything out in one go.
Lifting the boxes out is not a big problem as such but when the van is fully loaded up with camping gear it can be more of a pain.

To sum up, if I didn't need to have the swivel seat due to needing 3 point belt for child seats I wouldn't have it.
95 2.5d 4WD AFT

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”