Flooring - lino or rubber matting?

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

sotal
Supreme Being

Flooring - lino or rubber matting?

Post by sotal » Wed May 04, 2016 10:22 pm

The carpets in the Bongo are getting dirtier and dirtier. Technically it is a mat rather than the fitted carpet that is getting filthy but we are really struggling to keep it clean.

We have a mid conversion and the kids get mud all over the carpet (which is a lightish grey colour) and the dog gets mud in there too.

I'm seriously considering fitting an easier to clean flooring.

I'm a bit worried about regular lino though for the dog digging his claws in to stop himself when he jumps in far too fast or when we are travelling.

Is there a particular type of flooring which will be best to fit which will be easy to clean and durable too?

Ideally I'd like to level out the ridges in the floor too as they are a major pain in the knees when you kneel on them!

I'm guessing it will be a case of taking out the rear bench seat, taking out the kitchen, taking out the carpet, then filling the gaps with insulation or similar, thin ply sheet, then flooring? Then put everything back except the carpet?
philpdr
Tribal Elder

Re: Flooring - lino or rubber matting?

Post by philpdr » Fri May 06, 2016 9:31 pm

There's a fact sheet in the members area of the main site for fitting a wooden floor.I've used vinly tiles in the back of mine,easy to redo any damaged areas.
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Mon May 09, 2016 9:21 am

We have these in the heavy duty rubber version. Our Bongo is very much a utility vehicle and these protect from muddy boots and muddy dogs! Be warned the rubber smell takes a couple of weeks to clear, they really smell when first installed!

https://simplycarmats.co.uk/mazda-bongo ... -11334.htm
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
Alkers
Bongolier

Post by Alkers » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:32 pm

@Roosmith - did you go with the 3mm or 5mm version? I've heard that some of these mats can be delivered with fold lines in them where they were folded for shipping and it's impossible to get rid of them. Did you put it over the existing carpet or remove the original stuff?
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:48 pm

These are great for flooring and abit of soundproofing
They do come in bigger rolls
Easy to cut
Easy to remove and clean
And with the chequer plate pattern I think they look cool as well
O and nice and warm for the feet in the morning

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262173213964

Different colours and wood effect
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Interlocking- ... AJ0MSUCD2A
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
Yan
Bongonaut

Post by Yan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:06 pm

Apparently our Bongo has flooring that they use in hospitals!! it's really hard wearing and easy to clean. It would also double up as a mobile operating theatre :D

Something like this - http://www.directflooringcentre.co.uk/p ... 7QodFiAMzQ
BigPanzer
Tribal Elder

Post by BigPanzer » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:08 am

Hi,

There were some comments a while ago on FB about somebody using an artificial grass overcarpet. I can see their point about it being easy to remove and hose down (or mow).

Peter
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:44 am

BigPanzer wrote:Hi,

There were some comments a while ago on FB about somebody using an artificial grass overcarpet. I can see their point about it being easy to remove and hose down (or mow).

Peter
Peter, Was one of the comments something like......"dropping food waste whilst cooking and p155ing on it through the night to fertilise it and aid growth didnt seem to work,it just seemed to make it like Velcro,and stink !!" :shock:
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:57 am

Bongoplod wrote:
BigPanzer wrote:Hi,

Peter
Peter, Was one of the comments something like......"dropping food waste whilst cooking and p155ing on it through the night to fertilise it and aid growth didnt seem to work,it just seemed to make it like Velcro,and stink !!" :shock:
I have to get to one of these meet ups .. they sound right up my street! :lol:

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”