Leisure battery split charge/rewire fitting - West Sussex

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

G-meister
Junior Bongonaut

Leisure battery split charge/rewire fitting - West Sussex

Post by G-meister » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:50 am

Hi all - first post!

I currently have a leisure battery hooked up to a solar panel that just powers additional sockets in the back.

I'm looking to get a split charge fitted and get the fusebox rewired so that the leisure battery powers the lights/blinds/stereo.

Could anybody recommend a fitter in West Sussex please? Also any rough estimates of how much this should cost would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Jimbobvfr400
Bongolier

Re: Leisure battery split charge/rewire fitting - West Sussex

Post by Jimbobvfr400 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:31 pm

I got my swap loom from Karl Chadwick, he's on here but I'm not sure what his username is, might be Rooster something or other? I ordered via PM on Facebook.

Anyway it's dead easy to fit, as is a split charge relay, Karl kits come with really good instructions and are all ready made.
Jamie, Caroline and the kids.
2002 V6 Aero AFT
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:25 pm

My JAL as a Zig unit .. when i gave the Bongo to my grandson .. (who lives two hundred miles away) .. he could not suss the Zig unit out .. so he fitted the "Karl Chadwick split charge system" with his dad .. neither Ben or his dad are electricaly / mechanically minded .. But they reckoned it was a dead easy DIY job ..

I had already fitted the 'swap over kit' for radio / blinds / interior light/ ciggy lighter some time back although it was not a Karl Chadwick' one his is very similar ..

That realy is dead easy half an hour DIY job to fit ..

JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
tanglefoot
Bongolier

Post by tanglefoot » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:06 pm

I found Karl's (rooster) kit's on the bay. His stuff is first class and very well put together. Supplied with clear easy to follow instructions and easy to fit yourself. Just a bit of fiddling to get the wiring through some tight spaces but the results are worth the effort. It might be worth buying a set of electricians wire-puller rods, I have found these invaluable for many other jobs as well.
G-meister
Junior Bongonaut

Post by G-meister » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:40 pm

Thanks chaps,

Appreciate the input - will check out these options :)

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”