crafty space saving installation suggestions

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Red
Apprentice Bongonaut

crafty space saving installation suggestions

Post by Red » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:06 pm

Any advice on an ingenious crafty installation of a single bed in the back of a non pop-up Bongo welcome.
Some sort of flip out, folding, space saving genious idea...metal framework making capabilities as well as wood...
Much obliged,
Red x
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: crafty space saving installation suggestions

Post by Bob » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:19 pm

If I'm soloing in our unconverted Bongo I use the driver's seat and the middle, with the n/s back of the middle folded down to make a night table.

Leaves plenty of room for the Portapotti and space to get changed etc.

It might be worth looking at a fixed 'box' which the front seat would fold back flush with to make the bed and storage inside/underneath? Depends what else you use Bongy for and your requirement for passenger seating.

I use a couple of the kneeling mats (Poundland/garden stores) cut to size to level out the bumps. :wink:
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Re: crafty space saving installation suggestions

Post by Diplomat » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:51 pm

If you are not using the van for family purposes, I would recommend taking out the rear seat if it is the bench type rather than flip ups.

You can save a bit on the insurance and have more space for carting things around.

I slide the middle seat to the back and use 'Really Useful' boxes as lower limb support as well as for storage.

I have also mated the lowered driving seat with the middle seat for a quick doss down, for instance when picking someone up at an airport. this leaves me plenty of space for suitcases slung in through the sliding door instead of bothering with the tailgate.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”