Conversion upgrade

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Rich95
Apprentice Bongonaut

Conversion upgrade

Post by Rich95 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 am

Hi,
We have had our bongo for nearly a year, got out a couple times last year, but not yet this year sadly :cry:
We have a side conversion installed when we bought her, but turns out it lacks a little, we could really do with install a fridge, that can either run off the leisure battery or mains. and also install some sockets and lighting to run off the leisure bat. Also would like a new head unit installed with car play and sat nav etc. The current leisure battery set up is largely useless it isn't currently working (not sure if it is just a knackered battery or the the split charger) the split charger looks pretty flimsy and cheap anyway and currently the leisure battery only runs the rather old DVD head unit.
I was planning on doing this work myself but a new job, and the fact that I would rather spend my weekends off having fun in her than fixing her up, I am looking for some advice on where I might get this all done, or any advice on the subject at all really.
Much appreciated,
Rich
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Conversion upgrade

Post by g8dhe » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:24 am

If you want fridge, SCR. new battery and EHU fitted (running mains sockets from an inverter is not a good idea) sounds like you need to take it to a converters to be honest!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:54 pm

Rich, where are you based?
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Rich95
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Rich95 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:30 pm

Ian wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:54 pm Rich, where are you based?
Harlow in Essex
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:23 pm

There's no conversion firms near you I'm afraid. The nearest is probably Andys Imports in Norwich.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Rich95
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Rich95 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:45 pm

Thanks Ian, I will check them out anyway, see what they suggest etc. If not home improvements it is

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”