JAL Conversions?

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

SKatey
Junior Bongonaut

JAL Conversions?

Post by SKatey » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:22 pm

Me again! We're getting our conversion done through JAL, but finding that we're not getting much communication at all from Phil. Paid for the vehicle and sent our form back with our selections but had no confirmation that he's received it - just a couple of replies to texts saying he'll check "at the end of the week" and then nothing more and no answers to "what happens now". I'm beginning to panic a bit. I know that their conversions are really well thought of but is this lack of communication normal? Its an awful lot of money.....
Thanks!
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: JAL Conversions?

Post by g8dhe » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:44 pm

Never had any dealings myself, but I do believe that is par for his course ;-)
Try a Google search on this site for links https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=JAL+s ... nard.co.uk as its a 3-letter acronym the normal search doesn't work!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:43 pm

Ours came from Phil 13 years ago, still happy with it.

I don't think you need worry, as Geoff says, that's Phil.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:17 pm

Bear with Phil. He doesn't communicate well but will get there.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Kcd
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Kcd » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:31 am

Hi
Just wondering if you have received your bongo yet? We ordered ours in April 2021 with an estimated delivery of August 2021. We still haven’t received it and we get no response from Phil.
We have no idea if the bongo has even been started yet. Not really sure what else to do because email, phone and texts don’t seem to work.
Thanks in-advance
SKatey
Junior Bongonaut

Post by SKatey » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:18 am

We got ours just before Christmas but interesting story...
There's a bongo forum on FB where I'd asked a similar question. Lovely chap called Graham pm'd me and, to cut a long story short, sorted it. We get the impression that he doesn't work directly for Phil but a contractor who gets involved.
This is him: https://www.facebook.com/mark.hanks.587 Maybe worth a try?
He came to ours last week to fix a problem and talked a bit more with my husband.
Basically Phil, as we know, doesn't do communication well or manage his waiting lists. Whoever shouts loudest gets sorted. I'm not sure even that is true as we tried to pull out in August and Phil said that it was too late, they'd already started work (don't think they had). Ours got sorted because Graham picked it up and ran with it.
Also, if you start a text with **urgent** then it gets answered.
The van is with us and good. Haven't used it yet to camp in (we picked it up on Dec 23rd) but the process was so awful that I could never recommend JAL.
Good luck....
Kcd
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Kcd » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:43 pm

Thanks so much for your reply and for the link. I’ll try that

Really hoping it is worth all of the hassle and stress when we eventually get it

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”